Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
A Practical Guide to Better Speaking ™ PR A Crisp Fifty-Minute Series Book NOT FOR PRINTING OR INSTRUCTIONAL USE Presentation Skills A Practical Guide to Better Speaking
Due to the increase of international trade, business presentations have gained importance as means to convey business information and to promote sales. This empirical study examines business presentations through the eyes of three Hungarian expert presenters from different fields of business (Information technology, Finance / Accounting, Human Resources). The aim of the study is to give an insight into successful business presentations both for teachers of business English and for learners of presentation skills, including both preservice and in service students. The research has revealed that business people give high priority to establishing confidence with their audience in order to achieve their business aim. It also concludes that business people invest time, energy and money in developing their PS; consequently, it gives a rationale for teachers of business English to focus on this emerging market demand, and develop and specialise accordingly. Furthermore, the study explores the possible advantages of merging business English courses with presentation skills courses and adding expert presenters' experience to be promoted to businesses. The thesis also offers mutually beneficial cooperation between tertiary educational presentation skills courses lacking authenticity and contextual business background and the business world searching for new employees.
The purpose of this research is to estimate the extent to which socio-economic characteristics, operations of micro-credit institutions and community related factors influence livelihood sustainability of rural women borrowers of micro-credit. The study was conducted in the Tolon/Kumbungu District of the Northern Region of Ghana. Close and open-ended Questionnaires, in-depth interviews, focus group discussions and direct observations were all used in collecting data from 150 women beneficiaries of Micro-credit sampled for the study. The research reveals that, almost all (90%) of the interviewees engaged in more than one livelihood strategies or income-generating ventures, with more than two-third (72%) of them undertaking petty trading and agro-processing as their main source of income. Age, educational level and type of main livelihood venture, were found to influence significantly women borrowers’ ability to reduce vulnerability context associated with their livelihood ventures as a way of improving their livelihood sustainability. The study recommends among others things, the provision of training to women borrowers to help build and enhance their managerial, vocational and entrepreneurial skills, and the need for the formulating and implementation of gender sensitive land tenure system to help improve women farmers’ access to land.
Innovative Higher Education
Iain Hay , Annette F Street
Speaking at a conference is a vital way of summarizing your work for others; of positioning yourself as a person working in a particular field; and of receiving feedback on your work from colleagues. In this 'Directions', we suggest: reasons for speaking at a conference; characteristics of an effective presentation; strategies for preparation and presentation; information on using visual aids successfully; and managing questions.
Information Design Journal
2009 IEEE International Professional Communication Conference
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
ALL THE BOOKS
Categories of books.
Effective Presentation Skills : A Practical Guide for Better Speaking
This book does a good job covering the many basics of making an effective presentation, including dealing with anxiety, personal appearance, planning and preparation. However, it needs to be updated to reflect the many changes in presentation technology (and technology in general) since 1993 that are available to the presenter.
For example, to quote from page 55, "CD-ROM Players--These 'read only' players (you can't record onto them from your own computer, yet!) can hold a gigantic amount of information. Some disks contain an entire encyclopedia. These devices can store color photographs, video clips, sound clips, huge data bases and other types of information that require a lot of memory. There is new technology available that will allow you to take a photograph, have it transferred to a CD-ROM disk and then bring it up on your computer screen." What next, phones without wires? Overall a good book on the subject of preparing for and delivering presentations as long as you're not looking for any tips on PowerPoint or technology-based presentations.
Effective Presentation Skills: A Practical Guide for Better Speaking
96 pages, Paperback
First published February 9, 1995
About the author
Ratings & Reviews
What do you think? Rate this book Write a Review
Friends & Following
Join the discussion
Can't find what you're looking for.
We will keep fighting for all libraries - stand with us!
Internet Archive Audio
- This Just In
- Grateful Dead
- Old Time Radio
- 78 RPMs and Cylinder Recordings
- Audio Books & Poetry
- Computers, Technology and Science
- Music, Arts & Culture
- News & Public Affairs
- Spirituality & Religion
- Radio News Archive
- Flickr Commons
- Occupy Wall Street Flickr
- NASA Images
- Solar System Collection
- Ames Research Center
- All Software
- Old School Emulation
- MS-DOS Games
- Historical Software
- Classic PC Games
- Software Library
- Kodi Archive and Support File
- Vintage Software
- CD-ROM Software
- CD-ROM Software Library
- Software Sites
- Tucows Software Library
- Shareware CD-ROMs
- Software Capsules Compilation
- CD-ROM Images
- ZX Spectrum
- DOOM Level CD
- Smithsonian Libraries
- FEDLINK (US)
- Lincoln Collection
- American Libraries
- Canadian Libraries
- Universal Library
- Project Gutenberg
- Children's Library
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Books by Language
- Additional Collections
- Prelinger Archives
- Democracy Now!
- Occupy Wall Street
- TV NSA Clip Library
- Animation & Cartoons
- Arts & Music
- Computers & Technology
- Cultural & Academic Films
- Ephemeral Films
- Sports Videos
- Videogame Videos
- Youth Media
Search the history of over 867 billion web pages on the Internet.
- Wayback Machine (iOS)
- Wayback Machine (Android)
- Explore the Collections
- Build Collections
Save Page Now
Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future.
Please enter a valid web address
- Donate Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape
Presentation skills : a practical guide to better speaking
Bookreader item preview, share or embed this item, flag this item for.
- Graphic Violence
- Explicit Sexual Content
- Hate Speech
- Misleading/Inaccurate/Missing Metadata
plus-circle Add Review comment Reviews
Better World Books
No suitable files to display here.
14 day loan required to access EPUB and PDF files.
Uploaded by station49.cebu on January 22, 2020
SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata)
- Encyclopedias & Subject Guides
Enjoy fast, free delivery, exclusive deals, and award-winning movies & TV shows with Prime Try Prime and start saving today with fast, free delivery
Amazon Prime includes:
Fast, FREE Delivery is available to Prime members. To join, select "Try Amazon Prime and start saving today with Fast, FREE Delivery" below the Add to Cart button.
- Cardmembers earn 5% Back at Amazon.com with a Prime Credit Card.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Delivery
- Instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV episodes with Prime Video
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Listen to over 2 million songs and hundreds of playlists
- Unlimited photo storage with anywhere access
Important: Your credit card will NOT be charged when you start your free trial or if you cancel during the trial period. If you're happy with Amazon Prime, do nothing. At the end of the free trial, your membership will automatically upgrade to a monthly membership.
Buy new: $21.80 $21.80 FREE delivery: Thursday, Dec 14 on orders over $35.00 shipped by Amazon. Ships from: Amazon Sold by: Media Pros
- Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges
- Learn more about free returns.
- Go to your orders and start the return
- Select the return method
Buy used: $5.24
Other sellers on amazon.
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required .
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
- To view this video download Flash Player
Follow the author
Effective Presentation Skills (A Fifty Minute Series Book) Paperback – January 1, 1993
- Paperback $21.80 46 Used from $1.30 9 New from $11.00
Purchase options and add-ons
- Print length 72 pages
- Language English
- Publisher Crisp Pub Inc
- Publication date January 1, 1993
- Dimensions 8 x 0.5 x 10 inches
- ISBN-10 156052202X
- ISBN-13 978-1560522027
- See all details
- Publisher : Crisp Pub Inc; Revised edition (January 1, 1993)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 72 pages
- ISBN-10 : 156052202X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1560522027
- Item Weight : 9.6 ounces
- Dimensions : 8 x 0.5 x 10 inches
- #2,047 in Business Encyclopedias
- #7,781 in Business Education & Reference (Books)
- #1,401,643 in Literature & Fiction (Books)
To report an issue with this product, click here .
About the author
Steve began Mandel Communications in 1983. He is a renowned presentations trainer and coach and the author of the highly-successful book, "Effective Presentation Skills." In addition to serving as a key Mandel company executive, Steve thrives on working directly with clients in one-on-one coaching and group workshop settings. He has a deep appreciation for the communication challenges faced by professionals and executives in high-stakes settings and works exceptionally well with mission-critical communication needs. Steve's business success and his avocation as an accomplished amateur astronomer have earned him special recognition in Forbes magazine.
Learn more at https://www.mandel.com
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
- Sort reviews by Top reviews Most recent Top reviews
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. please try again later..
- Amazon Newsletter
- About Amazon
- Press Center
- Investor Relations
- Amazon Devices
- Amazon Science
- Start Selling with Amazon
- Sell apps on Amazon
- Supply to Amazon
- Protect & Build Your Brand
- Become an Affiliate
- Become a Delivery Driver
- Start a Package Delivery Business
- Advertise Your Products
- Self-Publish with Us
- Host an Amazon Hub
- › See More Ways to Make Money
- Amazon Visa
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Amazon Business Card
- Shop with Points
- Credit Card Marketplace
- Reload Your Balance
- Amazon Currency Converter
- Your Account
- Your Orders
- Shipping Rates & Policies
- Amazon Prime
- Returns & Replacements
- Manage Your Content and Devices
- Your Recalls and Product Safety Alerts
- Conditions of Use
- Privacy Notice
- Your Ads Privacy Choices
Download english free
- Comments RSS
- Activities and Games
- Adults Only
- American English
- Big Resources
- British English
- English for Kids
- Travel Guides
- ► March (3)
- ► February (1)
- ► January (6)
- ► December (20)
- ► November (13)
- ► October (42)
- ► September (5)
- ► July (7)
- ► May (12)
- ► April (6)
- ► February (385)
- ► September (195)
- A Practical English Grammar
- English Sentence Builder (Practice Makes Perfect S...
- English Grammar for ESL Learners (Practice Makes P...
- English Vocabulary for Beginning ESL Learners (Pra...
- The New History of the World
- Practice Your Grammar 1 with Answer Key
- Making Sense Phrasal Verbs: Self-Study Edition wit...
- Idioms in American Life
- Easy English Grammar 1 (full-color)
- A Communicative Grammar of English, 3rd Edition
- The Handbook of Research in Second Language Teachi...
- Grammar Rules! for Students, Parents, & Teachers
- Grammar Practice in Context with Answer Key
- English Vocabulary Organiser: 100 Topics for Self ...
- He Fell in Love with His Wife by Edward Payson Roe
- Instant Grammar Lessons: straightforward, easy-to-...
- Grammar with Laughter: straightforward, easy-to-us...
- More Grammar Games: Cognitive, Affective & Movemen...
- extr@! English Workbook 1 (full-colour)
- ESOL - Who Are You? Questionnaires for Self-Discovery
- Adult ESOL Basic Skills (full-color)
- ESOL - Activating Vocabulary through Pictures
- English Too© Workbook for Intermediate Level Students
- Encyclopedia of American Education (Vol.1 A to E)
- 7 Things Not to Do When Speaking English
- The Instant Diary (fill in the blanks)
- The Secrets of Boys
- The Other Boy
- Getting Lost with Boys
- Activities for Pair Work 1: Elementary - Pre-Inter...
- Access Workbook 1 (full-color)
- Asking the Right Questions: a guide to critical th...
- A to Zed, A to Zee: a guide to the differences bet...
- 101 American English Riddles
- INTERNET: find out how to use the internet to loca...
- The McGraw-Hill Desk Reference for Editors, Writer...
- Visual Writing: Diagramming Your Ideas to Communic...
- Steps to Writing Well, 6th Edition
- 1001 Brilliant Writing Ideas
- Students Must Write: A guide to better writing in ...
- Speaking for Yourself: A Guide for Students
- Writing at University: A Guide for Students
- English Grammar: A University Course, 2nd Edition
- Successful Writing Proficiency
- Writing a Report: How to prepare, write and presen...
- Teaching Academic ESL Writing: Practical Technique...
- 8 Kinds of Writing: Lessons and Practice for Writi...
- Why We Write: The Politics and Practice of Writing...
- Ideas into Words: Mastering the Craft of Science W...
- Writing for Science
- Writing in English: a practical handbook for scien...
- Writing from Start to Finish: a six-step guide
- Writing the Short Film, 3rd Edition
- Writing for Animation, Comics, and Games
- The A-Z of Medical Writing
- The Funbook of Creative Writing
- Reference Guide to World Literature Vol.1-2
- Dictionary of Public Health Promotion and Educatio...
- The Beginner's American History
- The Complete Book of Handwriting
- Learn to Write A-Z & a-z (Printable)
- Secondary: Grammar, Vocabulary, Writing, Reading (...
- Elementary: Grammar, Vocabulary, Fact and Opinion ...
- Word by Word Picture Dictionary
- Words That Work: It's Not What You Say, It's What ...
- Words and Worlds: World Languages Review
- Word Fugitives: In Pursuit of Wanted Words
- The Bilingual Edge: Why, When, and How to Teach Yo...
- American Heritage Book of Great American Speeches ...
- Using Technology with Classroom Instruction That W...
- Encyclopaedia of Slang
- 100 Words To Make You Sound Smart (AudioBook)
- The 4000 Words Essential for an Educated Vocabulary
- Successful Grant Writing, 3rd Edition
- The Witch in History
- Childrens Interactive Learning JumpStart® Arts and...
- Tilly's Word Fun 1 (CD-ROM)
- Advanced Gold Exam Maximiser with Key (Book+Audio)
- All Clear! Idioms in Context Book 2, 2nd Edition (...
- Wikipedia: The Missing Manual
- Modern World Cultures: Southeast Asia
- English Literature and Ancient Languages
- English Fairy Tales (43 classic fairy tales) by Jo...
- 100 Must-Read Crime Novels
- Reading Desperate Housewives: Beyond the White Pic...
- English for Modern Policing: Student's Book
- Literacy and Globalization: Reading and Writing in...
- The Linguistics Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition
- Intertext Series: The Language of Politics
- Intertext Series: The Language of Websites
- Intertext Series: The Language of Humour
- Intertext Series: The Language of Children
- Intertext Series: The Language and Region
- Intertext Series: The Language of Magazines
- Intertext Series: The Language of Drama
- 50 Fast Digital Camera Techiques
- Canon DSLR: The Ultimate Photographer's Guide
- How to Do Everything with Your Digital Camera, 2nd...
- How to Photograph the Moon and Planets with Your D...
- The Writing Template Book
Effective Presentation Skills: A Practical Guide to Better Speaking
Download link: http://www.fileserve.com/file/hnGXftA
Post a comment.