English Story Books for Beginners (Level 2-3-4)
Improve your English with these downloadable English story books for beginners. There are level 2 and level 3 books for readers.
Level 2 English story books are with longer sentences and simple dialogues.
You will get more dialogues, different point of views with multi-syllable and compound words in level 3 English story books.
These classic story books will enrich your English and teach you many new words.
If you are an intermediate, advanced (A2,B1, B2,C1) English speaker, these English story books are perfect for you.
English Story Books
MOBY DICK (Level 2)
Download Moby Dick PDF
ROBIN HOOD (Level 2)
Download Robin Hood PDF
BRITISH LIFE (Level 2)
Download British Life PDF
STARGATE (Level 3)
Download Stargate PDF
ROMEO and JULIET (Level 3)
Download Romeo and Juliet PDF
Gulliver’s Travels (Level 4)
Gulliver’S Travels PDF – download
You May Also Like
Commonly Used English Expressions and Other Ways to Say Them
Frequent mistakes when writing an essay: how to avoid them?
Prepositions of Time and Place: At, In, On & To ⌚
I am very much grateful with this vast interviews you are providing
I love it,thankss.
Thanks for your helping to improve our English
- Listen and watch
Do you like listening to and reading stories? Reading stories is a great way to improve your vocabulary and we have lots of great stories for you to watch. Watch stories, print activities and post comments!
A dog's life
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Ali and the magic carpet
Angel! Look out!
Buzz and Bob's big adventure
Dark, dark wood
Eric the engine
George and the dragon
Goldilocks and the three bears
I couldn't believe my eyes
I'm too ill
Jack and the beanstalk
Little Red Riding Hood
Monster shopping trip
Much Ado About Nothing
My favourite clothes
My favourite day - Chinese New Year
My favourite day - Christmas
My favourite day - Diwali
My favourite day - Eid al-Fitr
My secret team
Nessie - the Loch Ness Monster
One moment around the world
Our colourful world
Pyramids in Paris
Ratty robs a bank
Romeo and Juliet
Santa's little helper
The animal shelter
The bird king
The clever monkey
The cold planet
The first marathon
The great race
The greedy hippo
The haunted house
The hungry dragon
The lazy bear
The lion and the mouse
The lucky envelope
The lucky seed
The lump of gold
The magic fish
The magic paintbrush
The magic spell
The princess and the dragon
The Ramadan lantern story
The sneaky rabbit
The story of quinine
The treasure map
The ugly duckling
The voyage of the animal orchestra
What will I be when I grow up?
What's that noise?
Why Anansi has thin legs!
English courses for children aged 6-17
Sign up to our newsletter for free learning tips and resources
0 item ($0.00) · Check out
English Short Stories for Beginners (Also Suitable for Children)
By really learn english (ebook format).
(1 year access) (Learn More)
is on back order
425 pages of illustrated short stories, starting with the most basic words and sentences. The stories (151 pages) come with a complete workbook, full of exercises and illustrated activities (274 pages).
Please note all materials are delivered in digital form . This means you will be able to download and print them immediately.
Download a free sample chapter:
This package includes:.
1. English Short Stories for Beginners (151 pages of fully illustrated stories + Teacher's Guide + Word Lists)
2. English Short Stories for Beginners Illustrated Workbook (274 pages of exercises and illustrated activities + a full answer key)
3. A Special Bonus: English Short Stories for Complete Beginners (54 pages)
The English Short Stories for Beginners storybook consists of 4 different sections:
1. English Short Stories for Beginners, Level 1, Step A
Start reading quickly and easily with these set of stories.
This booklet introduces and practices basic nouns and adjectives , as well as the word “a”. At first, all words are grouped based on their vowel sounds . Later on, this step introduces the difference between singular and plural nouns.
All words are basic and simple:
- Most contain a single syllable
- There are no advanced spelling patterns such as the silent “e”, "ough", and "tion"
- They have simple meanings
Each word is repeated many times.
This serves two purposes:
- To practice reading it
- To assist in remembering the meaning or translation
Each of the following steps provides further practice on the words and principles learned in the step(s) before. The goal is to gradually build up the student's vocabulary and reading skills.
2. English Short Stories for Beginners, Level 1, Step B
This step introduces and practices additional basic nouns and adjectives , as well as some key verbs . The basic sentence structure is used for the first time.
3. English Short Stories for Beginners, Level 1, Step C
This step introduces and practices additional basic words , as well as key prepositions . It also teaches the difference between "a" and "an" .
4. English Short Stories for Beginners, Level 2
The illustrated adventures of Angela and Tom:
- Basic, easy vocabulary
- Easy spelling
- Simple present tense only
- Full word count is provided, and new words are specified for each story
The Illustrated Workbook
274 pages of exercises and illustrated activities + a full answer key.
- fill in the blank
- remember which word
- differentiation between confusing words
- vowel spelling exercises
- consonant spelling exercises
- mixed spelling exercises
- filling out words in sentences and stories
- practicing word order in a sentence
- forming negative sentences and questions
- answering question sentences
- a full answer key
Click here to view the Table of Contents
Save time and money.
Many teachers struggle to find the right stories for their students.
In the end, they either make their own stories (highly time-consuming), or buy imperfect stories and manage with them somehow. Save yourself the time and money, get this tailor-made package.
The Method Behind These Resources
What should beginners read.
There are many English short stories for English learners, but not many of them are suitable for complete beginners or children. Students who are taking their first steps after just learning the alphabet require a different approach.
What Should You Avoid?
Here are the common problems such students face with typical short stories:
- too many new words to remember
- boring stories
And this one is my "favorite" as a teacher:
- words' spelling does not match the sounds of the letters the students have just learned!
A Real-Life Example:
The student has just learned that " e " is pronounced like the " e " in " e gg". The reading assignment, however, has words like "mak e " and "br e ak," where this is obviously not the case. This is a major source of confusion! Naturally, there are specific spelling rules, and these can be explained, but not at this stage .
This is why our resources are designed to build vocabulary, reading skills, and confidence in a step-by-step approach.
The most important thing is to get your students to assimilate the alphabet, while they are reading comfortably and building up their vocabulary, reading skills, and confidence. That is why this revolutionary set of stories exists:
- To help you teach and practice reading easily and quickly
- Build up the student's basic vocabulary
- Make reading easy and fun, instead of difficult and frustrating
The stories are fully illustrated and full of humor --> a great recipe for fun lessons.
A Special Bonus – English Short Stories for Complete Beginners
Ideal for complete beginners or children learning English:
- 54 pages long
- Fully illustrated
- Simple and easy
As mentioned before, it can be a real challenge to find stories and activities that are suitable for students. This is especially true if they are beginners. Most stories have at least some of the following flaws:
- too advanced , or too complicated for beginners
- hard to understand
- not really interesting
- contain idioms and other advanced vocabulary structures
These things tend to reduce the student's motivation and make lessons less effective. If you are facing these problems as a teacher, then it's good you found Really Learn English . My name is Ola Zur and I'm the founder of Really Learn English and the author of this special storybook.
Complete beginners are those learners who have just learned the alphabet, learned the basic simplified sounds of the letters and hardly have any vocabulary.
The next step for them is to read very short and simple stories.
However, most stories at this stage are either too complex or simply not interesting. I've searched extensively for such simple and interesting stories, but with very little success. Therefore, I began doing what many other teachers do – I prepared my own stories.
- The students were much more motivated to learn and practice.
- The lessons were more enjoyable and far more effective.
You don't have to do what I did!
That's right. You can take advantage of my work and use these simple yet funny stories in your lessons.
- simple and easy stories
- specifically designed for complete beginners
- fully illustrated by the author to provide fun visual aids
- useful for teaching reading, basic sentence structure, and practicing the basic sounds of letters
- funny and enjoyable
- and above all: a great motivation booster!
What's special about this resource?
This storybook is ideal for:
- ESL/EFL students on their first steps after learning the alphabet
- Children learning English
It is not suitable for:
- More advanced students who read very well and have a good basic vocabulary.
Additional special features:.
2) You can easily use print-outs of this storybook with your students.
- Upon purchasing you are granted permission to print out or photocopy copies for your students. You can use these copies as lesson materials, class worksheets, homework assignments, quizzes, and tests.
Can't I get all these materials elsewhere for free?
I seriously doubt it. After years of searching I haven't found anything like it online for free (or for pay!). As I said, easy English + funny/interesting = a rare combination. Most stories are either easy or funny/interesting, not both. That's the reason so many teachers are forced to create their own materials.
So our resources are all ready and waiting for you. All you need to do is click the green ADD TO CART button on the right, and they are yours to start using immediately!
(This series is included inside our Best Deal: Full Package of All Store Products + Bonuses . This means you can also get it as part of our Full Package, which includes all products at our store. It is our best value package, with the greatest discount.)
Copyright © 2010-2023 Really-Learn-English.com. All rights reserved.
Authors & Events
- New & Noteworthy
- Popular Series
- The Must-Read Books of 2023
- Popular Books in Spanish
- Coming Soon
- Literary Fiction
- Mystery & Thriller
- Science Fiction
- Spanish Language Fiction
- Biographies & Memoirs
- Spanish Language Nonfiction
- Dark Star Trilogy
- Ramses the Damned
- Penguin Classics
- Award Winners
- The Parenting Book Guide
- Books to Read Before Bed
- Books for Middle Graders
- Trending Series
- Magic Tree House
- The Last Kids on Earth
- Planet Omar
- Beloved Characters
- The World of Eric Carle
- Llama Llama
- Junie B. Jones
- Peter Rabbit
- Board Books
- Picture Books
- Guided Reading Levels
- Middle Grade
- Activity Books
- Trending This Week
- Top Must-Read Romances
- Page-Turning Series To Start Now
- Books to Cope With Anxiety
- Short Reads
- Anti-Racist Resources
- Staff Picks
- Memoir & Fiction
- Features & Interviews
- Emma Brodie Interview
- James Ellroy Interview
- Nicola Yoon Interview
- Qian Julie Wang Interview
- Deepak Chopra Essay
- How Can I Get Published?
- For Book Clubs
- Reese's Book Club
- Oprah’s Book Club
- happy place " data-category="popular" data-location="header">Guide: Happy Place
- the last white man " data-category="popular" data-location="header">Guide: The Last White Man
- Authors & Events >
- Our Authors
- Michelle Obama
- Zadie Smith
- Emily Henry
- Cormac McCarthy
- Colson Whitehead
- In Their Own Words
- Qian Julie Wang
- Patrick Radden Keefe
- Phoebe Robinson
- Emma Brodie
- Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Laura Hankin
- Recommendations >
- Holiday Cozy Mysteries for the Festive Season
- Books With New TV and Movie Adaptations
- Wine and Cocktail Books for Holiday Hosting
- Historical Fiction With Female Protagonists
- Best Thrillers of All Time
- Manga and Graphic Novels
- happy place " data-category="recommendations" data-location="header">Start Reading Happy Place
- How to Make Reading a Habit with James Clear
- Why Reading Is Good for Your Health
- Vallery Lomas’ Blueberry Buckle Recipe
- New Releases
- Memoirs Read by the Author
- Our Most Soothing Narrators
- Press Play for Inspiration
- Audiobooks You Just Can't Pause
- Listen With the Whole Family
20 Must-Read Collections for Short Story Month
Explore some of the most exciting voices in short fiction. the collections below include established authors and newcomers – celebrate short story month with the collections below., the thing around your neck, by chimamanda ngozi adichie.
Buy from other retailers:, the safety of objects, by a.m. homes.
American housewife, by helen ellis.
by Ramona Ausubel
by Jenny Zhang
The king is always above the people, by daniel alarcón.
After the Quake
By haruki murakami.
The Largesse of the Sea Maiden
By denis johnson.
Stories of Your Life and Others
By ted chiang.
The bus driver who wanted to be god & other stories, by etgar keret.
Tenth of December
By george saunders.
What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours
By helen oyeyemi.
Homesick for Another World
By ottessa moshfegh.
Things We Lost in the Fire
By mariana enriquez.
The Bed Moved
By rebecca schiff.
This Is How You Lose Her
By junot díaz.
by Alice Munro
Lovers on All Saints’ Day
By juan gabriel vasquez.
13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl
By mona awad.
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Tumblr
Visit other sites in the Penguin Random House Network
Raise kids who love to read
Today's Top Books
Want to know what people are actually reading right now?
An online magazine for today’s home cook
Stay in Touch
Become a Member
Just for joining you’ll get personalized recommendations on your dashboard daily and features only for members.