- Custom Assignments
- Custom College Papers
- Buy Dissertation
- Buy Research Papers
- Custom Term Papers
- Custom Courseworks
- Custom Thesis Papers
- Custom Argumentative Essays
- Custom Expository Essays
- Custom Plagiarism Check
- How It Works
- Essay Samples
- Essay Topics
- Research Topics
- Writing Tips
Write My Literature Review
November 16, 2023
Being created in 2012 as an amateur platform, it has become a great source of information for people interested in the literature of the 16th-17th century and who need some help in their linguistic and writing investigations. Scrolling through the pages, you may stumble upon many articles concerning 16th-17th century literature created by knowledgeable and skilled writers who would like to help you to settle the question whether it’s feasible to find an author who could write my literature review.
To create your successful literature review, you should find the appropriate information regarding the theme of your work, use accurate ways for your research, analyze a significant amount of literary publications and books, and avoid plagiarism. You need to spend hours searching for quality information and dive deep into the subject of your review. This literature review writing service is like a magic wand for those needing a high-quality literature review. We are here to help you. Let us achieve your deadline and resolve your question whether it’s possible to have somebody who could write my literature review.
We guarantee that our expert and experienced writers will create your unique literature review as soon as you need it. Feel free to use our content because our main purpose is to help you to stay on top of your studies.
It often happens that your training schedule is full of tasks and urgent issues. You should accomplish your educational tasks quickly and efficiently. Still, it would be best if you had concentration and sufficient time to find appropriate resources, explore them and compone your literature review following academic rules. Moreover, it would help if you took the time to edit to avoid grammatical and lexical mistakes. For these reasons you may think “Could I pay someone to write my literature review in order to meet my deadline, get the highest score, and free up time for other essential tasks?” It may seem difficult to find quality service, but now you can stop searching for literature review writing help because our skilled writers are here to help you. We guarantee originality and high quality. Our experienced team can concise and unique literature review in the short term. We are constantly keeping abreast of updating the required academic rules to justify your trust.
What is a literature review writing service?
The studying process consists of many issues and challenges, and sometimes it’s almost impossible to accomplish all assignments on schedule. You have to sacrifice either your rest and health or your academic performance. Our eager beaver team provides literature review writing help to save your time and maintain your academic outcomes. You don’t have to analyze a pile of information, to spend hours googling “How to write my literature review according to academic rules?” Just use a literature review writer online. Our professional team is proficient in any literature review and current academic requirements.
A literature review writing help is your principal assistant when you need the help of a specialist in writing your literature review. Our team consists of native speakers with outstanding writing skills, doing their work for more than 15 years. Available 24 hrs a day, we can respond to any question. You may pay for literature review, and we’ll compose it efficiently and quickly, without lexical and grammatical flaws and without the necessity to reread and redo it. Literature is our vocation, so our literature review writing service is based on love and passion. We respect ourselves and our customers.
Can You Write My Literature Review For Me?
To obtain your excellent, well-written literature review, you should leave a request for our writers. Mention the topic and the desired size of your literature review, time limits and special requests. After discussing all the necessary issues, you can pay for the literature review. Also, look through the articles of our authors, the most relevant information about their experience and studies.
Let our best writers facilitate your educational process, reduce your anxiety and determine whether it’s possible to hire somebody who could write my literature review.
Our literature nerds will definitely master any topic, size and deadline. Using our literature review writing service, you can be sure that your academic achievement is in safe hands.
Professional Literature Review Writing Help
Keep an eye out while choosing a literature review writing service. Your perfect writer is a native speaker who has extensive experience. Our team fully corresponds to the necessary requirements. Your literature review should be unique and concise, containing your own investigations and relevant literature research and publications. It means you should choose your theme, find appropriate information, analyze it and disclose the topic. Or better delegate this task to a skilled and experienced writer, and our literature review writing service will come in handy in this case.
- You may have a question concerning the process, like “how are you going to write my literature review?” After receiving your request, our best writers make a plan for your future review. Then they collect the information, read various resources, and select the best methods and approaches, articles, literature papers and publications, outlining the direction.
- Delving into the topic, we select the most appropriate way to bring the essence. We observe mostly modern sources and contemporary views. Then based on the information obtained, we disclose the topic in the best way possible. It’s important to report your review correctly, not only grammatically, but also stylistically.
- Then our authors create your unique paper, check and edit it, looking through current academic requirements. We can ascertain that your paper will be thoroughly checked for plagiarism. We don’t copy others ideas, we make your own new review.
- Finally, you receive your good-quality, plagiarism-free literature review; check and read it. In case of doubt, you can send it back, and we’ll make amends. Thus, you get a well-made literature review that will appeal even to a picky teacher, save time and the nervous system, get the highest score and meet your deadline. Entrust our literature review writing service and leave your request right now.
Why Choose Our Literature Review Writing Service?
Finding a literature review writing service can be a complex task. A lot of websites and writers offer you their literature review writing help to write your literature review, so you may need clarification and guidance in the flow of information. But now you can stop searching for the ideal literature review writer online because you’ve already found it. We can write your paper in the short term, guaranteeing the quality of the result. We support our customers 24 hrs a day, appreciate their trust, and we’re getting better every day. Our experienced staff continue developing and refreshing its knowledge, monitoring and applying changes. We offer affordable prices, 100% plagiarism-free paper, a transparent payment system, and the service of highly skilled specialists with university degrees and more than 15 years of experience.
Benefits Of Choosing Us To Write my Literature Review
- Our team comprises only proficient authors with more than 15 years of experience and excellent writing skills.
- Native speakers with excellent written English.
- Reasonable prices. Buy literature review and get it in the best possible way.
- Round-the-clock online support, our literature review writer online is willing to answer any questions.
- We adjust to your special requirements and adapt your literature review to current academic rules.
- University degrees, dedication and honest approach.
- The quick and high-quality results. Don’t worry about the deadline; don’t be obsessed with your closing dates. We’ll do it for you.
We respect our customers and take care of our reputation. If you have doubts or continue thinking whether it’s possible to have somebody who could write my literature review, just rely on us. Our best writers are ready to read, analyze and write your paper for you rapidly.
With us you shouldn’t be worried about your deadline and the quality of your literature review. Leave it to our literature review writing service, we’ll make it for you in the best way possible. Experienced writers, reasonable prices, flexibility, efficiency and customer focus. You’ll definitely meet your deadline and get the highest score.
Rely on us, buy literature review and avoid the time-consuming process of conducting your research, selecting appropriate sources, structuring your work, adjusting it to required academic rules, and editing.
It’s crucial for us to justify your trust, get your feedback and make significant improvements every day. Our team is ready to resolve your complicated tasks for you.
Sociology Research Topics Ideas
Importance of Computer in Nursing Practice Essay
History Research Paper Topics For Students
It is crucial to cite a movie in an essay to give credit to the original creators and sources of...
Understanding Self-Citation Self-citation is the practice of citing one’s own previously published work in a new scholarly article or research...
Being created in 2012 as an amateur platform, it has become a great source of information for people interested in...
I want to feel as happy, as your customers do, so I'd better order now
- Essay Writer Service >
- Topic Collections
120 Fresh and Thought-Provoking Topics for Literature Reviews in Different Disciplines
A literature review is an account of the scholarly works published on a topic. It is different from an annotated bibliography – and far more interesting at that. Instead of being just a list of summaries, a literature review synthesizes the information from all available sources in an overall relationship to your guiding concept. This may be the problem you are discussing, a statement you are arguing, a theory you are verifying, etc.
The goals of a literature review may vary:
- giving a historical overview of the research in the field
- summarizing the existing state of the topic
- finding a problem or a gap in the research field
- developing a new theory, etc.
That is why good literature review topics are often formulated as research questions. This type of paper is not an easy writing. You will need to parse immense volumes of information, synthesize and summarize coherently. You also need to devote plenty of time to reading.
This post contains a list of literature review topics suggested for various subjects. However, when choosing the most fitting one to dig into, ask yourself, what are the passions that you can apply to this research? This assignment will take a while, so you will need more than just a good study discipline to soldier on. A bit of enthusiasm and intrinsic motivation will get you much farther.
Literature Review Topics Examples on English and World Literature
Some of the suggestions in this post are linked to literature review examples in our free database. By clicking on a title, you get to a corresponding sample page, where you can read the entire text. If the topic you like isn't linked, but you would like to read an example, you can order it. We will arrange the most qualified paper writer to prepare it for you exclusively.
Ready? Let's start with topics for literature review papers on English and World Literature.
- Phoenix as a symbol for endurance in a worn path
- The novel Intuition by Allegra Goodman
- Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Birthmark through Girard's Lens
- Ender's Game by an Orson Scott Card
- Depiction of freedom and happiness in Brave New World
- Feminism and Post-Colonialism in Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake and Suzanne Collins's The Hunger Games
- Rationality, logic, and mathematics in the novel The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time
- Victims of their time as a character type in the World literature
- The last days of Judas Iscariot : a play by Stephen Adly Guirgis
- The use of symbolism in Kafka's prose
- Naturalism in American literature
- Grotesque and Sublime in the prose of Edgar Allan Poe
Lit Review Topic Ideas on Science and Technology
Next are some literature review topic ideas on science and technology.
- Electronic library and effects of its implementation
- Benjamin Franklin: scientist and inventor
- Virtual Reality, science fiction, and society today
- Science, Technology, and Society as a field of knowledge
- Frederick Winslow Taylor and the principles of scientific management
- What is the future of work
- Concepts of science and technology
- The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis and influence of technological advancement on man and nature
- Types of machine learning
- Internet of Things and biometrics: implications, benefits, threats
- Emotional intelligence and natural language processing
- SmartCity projects that have already been implemented and their lessons
As the field is vast, we can barely scratch the surface with these suggestions. To help you with brainstorming, here are a few tips on how to choose good topics for a literature review yourself:
- Make sure the topic ties nicely with class requirements as well as your interests
- Do some preliminary research to see if there is enough literature on your topic
- Scale up if the information is scarce or down if there are too many sources to handle
- Use sources recommended for reading in the class materials
- Supplement the list with only trustworthy scholarly sources
Follow these guidelines, and you are on a path to some great ideas!
Psychology Literature Review Topics
When brainstorming topics on psychology, don't forget about the subdisciplines: biopsychology, social, educational, organizational, etc. If the suggestions below won't be enough, try looking for inspiration in Biology, Sociology, Education, or Business. The most exciting topics are often at the intersection of different areas of knowledge!
- Tricyclic antidepressants vs. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) in treatment of depression
- Stress, its causes, effects, and coping strategies
- The family system and psychology
- Tibetan compassion practices: working with terror, trauma, and transcendence
- Behaviorism psychology
- Culture and psychopathology
- Correlation between diet and cognitive functions in primary school students
- The evolutionary role of phobias and intrusive thoughts
- Popular psychology and its implications
- PTSD in mass disasters survivors: immediate relief and long-term assistance
- Cults and vulnerable populations
- False memories and gaslighting
Nursing Literature Review Topics
Nursing lit review topics are probably the most diverse in scale, as you can see from the examples below. They can describe a larger issue or a concrete solution applied to a narrowly defined problem. Following this principle, you can modify our lit review topics suggestions zooming out or in on the subject material.
- Legalization of medical marijuana and its effects on the youth
- Health effects of fiber: research findings
- Achieving higher levels of education and training for nurses
- Organic foods and cardiovascular disease
- The importance of Central Venous Line (CVL) and Central Venous Access Devices (CVAD)
- What effects do different types of music have on humans and their mental health?
- The use of laboratory-grown organs for transplantation
- The role of xylitol in alleviating dry mouth
- The detection of tar and nicotine content of cigarette smoke extract using HPLC
- Rheumatoid arthritis: etiology, diagnosis, vulnerable populations
- Mobility aids for the elderly and quality of life
- The role of play in the recuperation of hospitalized children
Education Literature Review Topics
To get more ideas from these literature review topic examples, try isolating an issue and put it in another educational context. For instance, student motivation in primary school vs. middle school or sleep deprivation in high school vs. college. This should give you plenty of material for brainstorming.
- Simulation education for crisis prevention program
- A critical consideration of the new pedagogy in its relation to modern science
- Lack of students interest in studying science
- Discovery-based learning and student-centered learning with a focus on mathematics at a high school level
- The adverse effects of sleep deprivation on academic performance: a college student's struggle
- Gender bias in special education programs
- Higher education for senior citizens: challenges and best practices
- Significant challenges of the teaching profession in the US
- Factors contributing to international student mobility
- Student motivation in private vs. state colleges
- Benefits and challenges of homeschooling for students and families
- Correlation between workload, stress levels, and self-esteem in middle-school students
Sociology Literature Review Topics
The best advice on finding current sociology topics is to look at the challenges your community faces. Become the first one to notice and address these issues!
- Are video games affecting our current and future students ?
- Ways to prevent social media bullying
- Spanking of children in the USA
- The relation of poverty and exposure to crime in adolescent men
- Transgender discrimination
- The link between science and Utopia in Utopia and the New Atlantis
- Effectiveness of group therapy in social work
- Peer pressure, depression, and causes of suicide in the adolescents
- Religious separatism social issues connected with it
- Causes and effects of domestic abuse
- Physical appearance and social status
- Race, nationality, ethnicity, and identity
Political Science Literature Review Topics
Political science is one of the more formal disciplines on this list. Being heavy with abstract concepts, it doesn't lend itself easily to casual brainstorming. Well, at least start with these:
- Electoral College, its functions, and role in public life
- Why American and the British IPE are so different
- Contingency planning
- Effects of political gerrymandering
- American political parties
- The present urban regimes in Canada
- International policies and domestic regulations: precedence and clashes
- Tolerance as a political virtue
- Grassroots activism and its impact on state and federal law
- National security and constitutional freedoms
- Historical analysis of anarchism
- The effect of social media on civic engagement
Criminal Justice Literature Review Topics
Criminal justice is a complex field. It's ripe with variance and challenges – which is good for topic ideas at least. And you have state, federal, and international levels to add more variables.
- Juvenile justice and the Missouri model
- Car-related crime in the USA
- An analysis of the impact of sexual harassment/sexual assault in the military
- The process of the arbitration without the involvement of national courts
- Serial killers and profiling
- Policing and criminal justice systems
- Psychological effects of cyberbullying on adolescents
- Sexual human trafficking from the Central America region
- Human sex-trafficking: the Canadian perspective
- Gender and racial bias in criminal investigations
- Possible ethical and legal dilemmas of using sniffer dogs
- Sting operations vs. entrapment: ethics and regulations
Chemistry and Biology Literature Review Topics
Biology is fascinating. It has something for everyone: from biochemistry and genetics to ecosystems and nature preservation. Here are some suggestions to guide your choice:
- Brain size correlation
- Haruko Obokata, ethics of stem cells research, and scientific misconduct
- Genomic and molecular genetics major and its perspectives for students
- DNA use in mass disasters
- DNA detection from dried blood spots
- Captive breeding of marine mammals: pros and cons
- The Dynamics of ER and mitochondria
- Biomarkers in gastric cancer treatment
- The chemistry behind gene splicing
- Carcinogens and hyper-processed foods
- Primates and monkeys as potential sources of novel zoonotic infections
- Natural gases, ecosystems, and the global warming
Business and Marketing Literature Review Topics
Finally, here are some business and marketing topics as well. These disciplines might be relatively new, but they are among the most dynamic and information-rich – which means great fun to explore.
- Effectiveness of neuromarketing in comparison to traditional marketing methods
- Green supply chain management
- Effectiveness of e-marketing to non-profit making organizations
- The value of information
- Shareholder engagement/activism and corporate performance
- The relationship between ethics, stress, and productivity in the workplace
- The role of integrity in business
- Client confidentiality and its role in a prosperous business
- Businesses, their impact on the community, and social responsibility
- Startup fundraising stages
- Innovative marketing in the age of instant feedback: risks and possibilities
- Strategies for staff motivation
Jana Rooheart came to WOWESSAYS™ with a mission to put together and then slice and dice our vast practical experience in crafting all kinds of academic papers. Jana is an aspired blogger with rich expertise in psychology, digital learning tools, and creative writing. In this blog, she willingly shares tricks of pencraft and mind-altering ideas about academic writing any student will find utterly beneficial.
Share with friends using:
275 words = 1 page double-spaced
Looking for essays to inspire you? We have samples of all types on any topic under the sun!
- Example Of Imperative Strategy Report
- Example Of Research Paper On Gun Control 3
- White Racism The Basic Course Work Example
- Good Example Of Our Organization Overall Strategy Using Porters Generic Competitive Strategies Critical Thinking
- Wiry Essays
- Saving Marine Life Essays
- Mogadishu Essays
- Mormon Essays
- Thorburn Essays
- Public Discourse Essays
- Echols Creative Writings
Password recovery email has been sent to [email protected]
Use your new password to log in
You are not register!
Now you can download documents directly to your device!
Check your email! An email with your password has already been sent to you! Now you can download documents directly to your device.
or Use the QR code to Save this Paper to Your Phone
The sample is NOT original!
Short on a deadline?
Don't waste time. Get help with 11% off using code - GETWOWED
No, thanks! I'm fine with missing my deadline
105 Literature Review Topics + How-to Guide 
A literature review is a variant of curtsy in scientific circles. It presents your acknowledgment that you are not the first to tackle the issue. Your predecessors have made progress in answering your research question, and you plan to start from the point they finished.
This article features examples of literature review topics on multiple knowledge areas. Additionally, you will find exhaustive disambiguation of all the types of a literature review, as well as its purposes, definition, outline, and formatting.
- 🔝 Top 15 Topics
- ✍️ Writing Tips
- Political Science
- Criminal Justice
🔝 top 15 literature review topics.
- What does the science say about extraterrestrial life?
- Redesigning organisms in synthetic biology: Where are we at now?
- Equality of human rights at the international level.
- Why do genes happen to be active or inactive?
- Legalizing physician-assisted suicide.
- Can an adult person change their native language?
- The most efficient study programs.
- The ethics of using surveillance cameras.
- The effect of reading fiction on your brain.
- British imperialism in India.
- What is kindness: A philosophical approach.
- Modern technologies can sift out fake news.
- Multiculturalism: A romantic myth or today’s reality?
- The demographics of liberal worldview in the US.
- Chronic fatigue: Literature review and hypotheses.
✍️ Literature Review Writing Tips
Speaking of a literature review , the definition is too broad to be used as writing guidance. It is an overview of credible materials on a particular research question. A literature review usually becomes chapter 1 in dissertations and theses , allowing to explore the current knowledge on the topic. It evaluates academic and professional articles, journal publications, books, and web-based resources.
A literature review is an indispensable part of a research paper. It serves many purposes, some of which are not evident.
What Is the Purpose of a Literature Review?
- To draw the background context;
- To compare your results with previous research;
- To justify your research methods;
- To frame research gaps and show the scientific novelty of your project;
- To explain the social value of your work;
- To demonstrate your knowledge of the referenced literature;
- To train your analytical thinking.
Types of Literature Review
Below you’ll find the 6 types of literature reviews.
A systematic literature review is a most comprehensive and data-oriented type. It defines the timeframe of the selected literature and is subdivided into two categories:
- Meta-analysis ( deductive research through standardized statistical procedures)
- Meta-synthesis (inductive study by non-statistical qualitative methods)
It is also called a traditional or critical literature review. The purpose is to summarize the available material, critique it, and identify the gaps and inconsistencies. This type works well for almost any research question, provided it is sufficiently focused and limited in time or subject matter.
As the name implies, it estimates the scope of available literature on a literature review topic. Unlike a systematic literature review, which aims to find the most specific research question, this type looks for the most general one. It answers the question of what else can be researched in the field.
A theoretical literature review explores the pool of theories that have so far accumulated on a concept. It lists the existing ideas, their relationships, and gaps. The purpose is to develop hypotheses to be tested in the experimental section.
This type provides the most selective literature review to prove or refute an argument already established in the research literature. However, this is also the most biased review among all types.
This literature review integrates, synthesizes, and critiques the available secondary data to develop new research frameworks and perspectives.
Systematic Review vs. Literature Review vs. Annotated Bibliography
Literature Review Outline
How long should a literature review be? It depends on the assignment requirements and your outline.
A literature review is often used as a part of a more general research paper. In such a case, you can limit yourself to the standard introduction –main body – conclusion formula.
In all the other situations, use the following literature review outline.
- Introduction Trace the scope and highlight the importance of your review. Why did you choose the given topic or research question? How does it contribute to the previous study?
- Methodology We have listed the types of literature review above. Depending on your purposes, select one and explain why your choice is the best. You can also specify which logic you used while choosing the sources for your review.
- Discussion It is the central part of the text which compares, contrasts, and explains the relationships between various ideas you found in the bibliography items.
- Conclusion Are you satisfied with the result of your work? How will it help further research? Which gaps have you spotted, and which hypothesis could you generate?
- List of references As in any research paper, this is an indispensable part of your literature review. Be sure to follow the format requirements as provided below.
Literature Review Format
All citation styles require you to indicate the author’s name, book title, publication year, number of pages, and volume or issue number. This data is available in any printed edition, as publishers use it to identify their products.
It may sound simple until you discover that each citation style has a multi-page list of nuanced details specific to this format and inapplicable to any other.
Browse the guides for each of the most popular types below.
APA style is a format for scholarly documents. It is particularly popular in the fields of social and behavioral sciences. APA is well-known for its simplicity in source references. Thus, a vast majority of American universities and colleges prefer this format.
MLA style manual is an abridged version of the MLA Handbook published by the Modern Language Association. It was created for students to assist in their research aspirations. Its 8 th edition is addressed to secondary-school and undergraduate university and college teachers and students. The style is popular in humanities (modern languages, literature, cultural studies, and related disciplines).
Chicago style (also called CMS or CMOS) is a style guide for American English. The University of Chicago Press first published it in 1906. Since then, it has had 17 editions and has become one of the most popular citation styles in the US. The guide instructs on editorial practice, grammar, document preparation, formatting, and even the use of the singular “they.”
💡 Literature Review Topics
Literature review topics in education.
- How can we make classrooms more inclusive ?
- Flipped classroom approach.
- Waldorf schools and their concept.
- How do ADHD symptoms affect a student’s learning abilities?
- Educational leadership.
- Methods of tracking the performance of schoolchildren.
- How can token economy diminish off-task behavior in students with autism?
- Resegregation in US schools.
- Is bilingual education realizable in contemporary schools?
- Growing violence incidents in educational institutions.
Political Science Literature Review Topics
- Gender cosmopolitanism in Sweden .
- Security policy is based on political ideology .
- The emotional effect of populism .
- The theory and classification of political speeches.
- Global measures in COVID-19 response.
- The international politics of the Arab world.
- How do we select our leaders ?
- Officials in politics: Emotional labor .
- Relational peace between countries.
- The invisible force holding countries together.
Criminal Justice Literature Review Topics
- The problematic issues of prosecution and legal enforcement in Eastern Europe.
- Track the evolution of international criminal justice practices.
- Crime prevention methods.
- The evolution of criminology as a social science.
- The cycle of domestic violence : Theory and statistics.
- The patterns in child abuse perpetrators.
- Randomized experimental designs in criminology .
- Current measures to stop human trafficking in the US.
- How should we punish environmental crimes?
- Terrorism : Approaches to its definitions.
Sociology Literature Review Topics
- Does coded language help us fight racial inequality ?
- Workplace bullying.
- International conflicts in terms of social representation theory.
- Gender and sexual activity.
- Is our society liberal or conservative ?
- Single African American parents.
- Racial salary gap in the US.
- Substance abuse and health care costs for employers.
- Does federal aid succeed at fighting urban poverty?
- How does hate speech spur desensitization?
Nursing Literature Review Topics
- Practice in the field of healthcare.
- Evidence-based nursing practice.
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Pressure ulcers study.
- Post-operative readmission rates.
- Nursing ratios and nosocomial infections.
- Patient fall prevention study.
- Emergency room wait time.
- Electronic health records.
Psychology Literature Review Topics
- Parents’ experiences of caring for a child with ASD
- The long-term consequences of child abuse
- The neurology of depression .
- Explore the psychological effects of loud noise.
- Why is it so hard to accept what contradicts our beliefs?
- The psychological mechanisms of compulsive eating.
- Why are some people more prone to discrimination and prejudice?
- Self-protection against grief .
- Non-verbal communication rates in different cultures.
- Love : Chemistry or feeling?
Biology Literature Review Topics
- Camouflage in plants.
- Color differences in male and female bird species.
- Acceptability of genetic engineering.
- Natural reforestation: Too long to wait.
- Why are domestic plants weaker than wild ones?
- Hepcidin: importance, production, regulation.
- How can we edit DNA sequences ?
- Which anti- COVID vaccines are the most effective and why?
- Cancer : An umbrella term for many diseases.
- Species that are important to our ecology.
Easy Literature Review Topics
- Sustainable agriculture : Our future reality.
- The scientific background behind music therapy .
- Stono revolt.
- The latest findings in stopping brain aging.
- Articles on cyber security of young children.
- Data-driven personalization : Prospects and achievements.
- Importance of the literature review in research.
- Critical literature review of digital signature.
- Reviewing quantitative academic literature and data.
❓ Literature Review Topics FAQ
❓ what is discussed in literature review.
A literature review discusses the texts that are the most relevant to your research question. It summarizes, compares, evaluates, and critiques the available literature to find the points of intersection and blind spots. As a result, you will develop a specific topic for further research or pose a hypothesis.
❓ What are the 3 parts of literature review?
The three parts of this academic genre are the same as those of any other research paper. The introduction explores the background and importance of the topic. The main body analyzes the selected texts. It may also contain a methodology section that explains why you chose such or another literary review type. The conclusion outlines the perspectives of your research.
❓ What are the four stages of literature review?
- Formulating the problem (which topic is under study and what are its constituent parts?);
- Searching the literature (making up the preliminary bibliography list to be described in the literature review);
- Evaluating the data (which sources are the most significant in our understanding of the topic?);
- Analyzing and interpreting the essential findings.
- Literature Reviews – UNC Writing Center
- Learn how to write a review of literature
- Writing a Literature Review // Purdue Writing Lab
- Types of Literature Reviews – Systematic Reviews
- How to Conduct a Literature Review
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter X
- Share to LinkedIn
You might also like
The necklace: summary, themes, and a short story analysis, dulce et decorum est 101: summary, analysis, & questions and answers, literature review: outline, strategies, and examples .
Literature Review Topics Ideas and Examples
Awesome Literature Review Topics to Help You Compose an Outstanding Dissertation Let me tell you a secret If you conduct proper research regarding the literature review section of your dissertation or thesis BEFORE finalizing the topic, then the research process will become a lot easier for you. This article will definitely help you to make […]
Awesome Literature Review Topics to Help You Compose an Outstanding Dissertation
Let me tell you a secret.
If you conduct proper research regarding the literature review section of your dissertation or thesis BEFORE finalizing the topic, then the research process will become a lot easier for you. This article will definitely help you to make your literature review topics more reasonable.
Why you’re asking?
That is because the literature review gives a summary of all the previous studies conducted on the topic and the methods, techniques, and statistical tools applied to them. This gives the researcher not only a clear idea as to where the study is originating from but also gives him an idea as to which techniques and tools he should apply to his study and what their outcome can be.
So, if you want to be sure that you are selecting the right topic for your final dissertation or thesis, then make sure that you conduct research for your literature review before finalizing your research theme.
But it’s not that easy to come up with literature review topics, right?
- The impact of social media on communication and relationships
- The effects of video games on cognitive development
- The influence of advertising on consumer behavior
- The relationship between poverty and crime
- The effects of technology on education
- The impact of globalization on cultural identity
- The effects of climate change on biodiversity
- The role of gender in leadership
- The psychological effects of unemployment
- The relationship between mental health and physical activity
- The impact of media representation on body image
- The effects of parental divorce on children
- The relationship between religion and mental health
- The impact of social class on educational opportunities
- The role of technology in the workplace
- The effects of parental involvement on academic achievement
- The impact of music on memory and learning
- The relationship between diet and heart disease
- The impact of language barriers on healthcare access
- The role of genetics in addiction
- The effects of bullying on mental health
- The impact of poverty on child development
- The relationship between income inequality and crime
- The effects of social media on political participation
- The impact of gender roles on mental health
- The effects of parental substance abuse on children
- The relationship between stress and physical health
- The impact of media on gender stereotypes
- The effects of economic recessions on mental health
- The role of nature in mental health
- The impact of cultural diversity on mental health
- The effects of technology on social skills
- The relationship between education and crime
- The impact of social media on privacy
- The effects of parental over-involvement on academic achievement
- Eco-marketing is the new device for forming a company’s corporate image
- The environmental effect of a product’s packaging
- The commercial impact of globalization
- The role of pricing policy for the company’s marketing policy
- Barriers to international trade
- Effect of mobile commerce on a firm’s productivity
- The effect of advertisements on children
- Analysis of the marketing strategies and practices of a multi-national company
- The role and importance of business ethics in business life
- the importance of effective business communication in a company’s productivity
- Study of customer satisfaction using the Markova interest rate model
- Analysis of the consumer price index
- Study of teacher empowerment in small learning communities
- Teacher attitudes toward pay for performance incentives
- Effects of gender on the family buying decision
- Effects of recession on consumer buying behavior
- Factors affecting positive and negative word of mouth in the hotel industry
- The effect of brand image on consumer preference
- The effect of the recession on the advertisement industry
- Effects of recession on promotional activities of a company
- The attitude of people toward direct marketing
- Effects of product’s response through free sample trial/usage
- A comparative study of sellers and buyers in market acceptability of licensed software
- Consumer awareness and usage of e-banking transactions through mobile phones
- Impact of performance commitment on customer’s evaluation of product quality
- Effect of product innovativeness and trialability on new product adoption
- Relationship between mobile phone advertising and the company’s corporate image
- A consumer decision-making model in the automobile industry of Pakistan
- Factors behind brand switching in the fast-moving consumer goods industry
- Consumer purchase behavior in out-of-stock situations at retail outlets
Try to search the internet and other sources for information on the above-mentioned topics and form a literature review so that you can get a clear idea of the direction of your thesis or dissertation. This article will definitely help you to make your literature review topic more effective and useful.
- Digital Marketing Dissertation Topics Ideas & Examples
- Criminology Dissertation Topics (Best Samples and Ideas)
- Computer Science Dissertation Topics Ideas and examples
- Marketing Dissertation Topics Best Ideas and Examples
- Business Dissertation Topics Best Research Topics
- Biology Research Topics for College students
Custom Literature Review Topics Brief Service from Experts
Paid topic mini proposal (500 words).
You will get the topics first and then the mini proposal which includes:
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology including raw sample size and data collection method
- View a Sample of Service
Note: After submiting your order please must check your email [inbox/spam] folders for order confirmation and login details.If email goes in spam please mark not as spam to avoid any communication gap between us.
Get An Expert Dissertation Writing Help To Achieve Good Grades
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
Other Related Posts
- Unlock Your Academic Potential with the Right Dissertation Topics October 12, 2023 -->
- 89+ Best Unique and Informative Speech Topics for Students January 6, 2023 -->
- Employment Law Dissertation Topics January 4, 2023 -->
- Research Paper Guides
- Research Paper Topics
Literature Research Paper Topics: 250 Top Ideas
- Speech Topics
- Basics of Essay Writing
- Essay Topics
- Other Essays
- Main Academic Essays
- Basics of Research Paper Writing
- Chicago/ Turabian
- Data & Statistics
- Admission Writing Tips
- Admission Advice
- Other Guides
- Student Life
- Studying Tips
- Understanding Plagiarism
- Academic Writing Tips
- Basics of Dissertation & Thesis Writing
- Essay Guides
- Formatting Guides
- Basics of Research Process
- Admission Guides
- Dissertation & Thesis Guides
Table of contents
Use our free Readability checker
Are you looking for an engaging literary research paper topic? Whether you're writing a college-level essay or a master's thesis, the right literature research paper topics can make all the difference. They range from exploring particular genres or authors to examining the use of language in literary works. By researching these topics, you will gain a greater understanding of the ideas, improve your critical thinking skills, and learn to appreciate the nuances. This article will explore such literature topics for research and open up endless possibilities for analysis and interpretation, ranging from classic to modern-day texts. Are you ready to choose a trending topic and write a paper that will win your professor’s heart?
What Are Literary Research Paper Topics?
Literary research paper topics focus on a particular literary work, such as a book, poem, novel, play, or story. They provide a great starting point for researching the specific aspect you're planning to explore for a better perception of the idea and help to eliminate any artificial facet. Literary research topics may analyze a single text, compare different writings by the same author, or contrast different authors' styles. Common literature topics for research papers comprise symbolism, characterization, themes, plot structure, historical context, point-of-view analysis, biographical contexts, and intertextual connections. These research paper topics may also focus on how an author has been interpreted or evaluated over time, analyzing the critical reception of their works and examining any changes within literary canonization. Additionally, these topics can explore how literary works intersect with other disciplines, such as philosophy, psychology, sociology, politics, or economics.
Characteristics of Good Literature Research Paper Topics
Literary research paper topics are usually considered good when they are:
- Relevant They should be engaging, thought-provoking, and appropriate to the academic work.
- Specific Similarly, good literature research topics must have a narrow focus and not be overly broad.
- Interesting They should pique your interest and encourage you to explore and aspire to know more about the literary work.
- Challenging Deep analysis, thoughtful reflection, and creative thinking are also vital.
- Unique They should be memorable and offer new insights into academic work.
With these important characteristics of literary topics for research papers in mind, you're ready to start writing!
How to Choose a Literature Research Paper Topic?
Choosing a literature research paper topic can be daunting, but with careful thought and planning, you're sure to find the perfect one. In order to do this, you need to complete the following:
- Brainstorm: First, start by brainstorming topics that interest you. Think about the works you've been studying, authors and genres you enjoy reading, and themes that have resonated with you.
- Narrow it down: Once you've identified a few research topics that intrigue you, narrow them down to one that is most relevant and specific.
- Research: Explore if it is relevant. This will guarantee that you have enough material to work with.
- Refine: Once you have researched, refine your topic to ensure it is specific and engaging. Consider the most interesting aspects and how they can be explored further.
- Choose: Finally, choose the title that best reflects your interests and passions for an enjoyable research experience!
With these tips, you can find the perfect literary research paper topic! Don’t have time for reading piles of books? Get professional help with research paper writing from StudyCrumb and have your study completed by a real pro.
List of Literature Research Paper Topics
A list of literature topics for research offers a wide range of literary-related issues that can be explored and studied for your project. It includes ideas that could spark your creativity and help you choose the best title. Whether you're interested in exploring the works of Shakespeare or examining modern literature, this list of literary research paper topics has something for everyone!
- Use of symbolism in romantic poetry.
- Importance of technology within cyberpunk genres.
- Impact of fantasy on contemporary culture.
- Representation of male or female authors as represented by classic literary works.
- Postmodernist views of time and space in literature.
- Representation of race and ethnicity within contemporary fiction.
- Representation of LGBTQ characters in literary works.
- The role of mythology during the era of ancient works.
- Social media impact on modern texts.
- Classic and contemporary literary criticism.
Interesting Literary Research Paper Topics
If you are interested in classic books or modern trends, these ideas can be a fascinating starting point for your project. They include theories, criticism, comparison, and specific authors or genres. Besides providing an analysis of the work, a literary research paper topic could also comprise examining different themes. Explore the following interesting literature topics for your project:
- Literary influences of Jane Austen's works.
- Symbolism as represented by gothic texts.
- Relevance of classic mythology within contemporary fiction.
- The role of magic or fantasy in children's literature.
- The role of women in Victorian literature.
- Representation of race and ethnicity in early 20th-century literature.
- Themes of love and loss in romantic poetry.
- The use of horror genres in contemporary fiction.
- Postcolonialism's impact on literary works.
- Nature in 19th-century literature .
- Representation of LGBTQ characters as represented by contemporary fiction.
- Technology's impact on modern literary works.
- Classic and contemporary interpretations of gothic texts.
- The role of magic and fantasy in modern literary works.
- Representation of death and loss in 20th-century works.
Great Literature Research Paper Topics
A list of great literature research topics provides a variety of ideas related to literary works. These research topics in literature can offer an exciting starting point for your English paper:
- Rebellion themes in Shakespeare's tragedies.
- Class and economic status in Victorian texts.
- Symbolism in romantic poetry.
- Impact of British imperialism on literary fiction worldwide.
- Gender and sexuality representation in early 20th-century writings.
- Postcolonialism in 19th-century fiction.
- The literary influence of WWII on modern writings.
- Vampires' role in gothic literary texts.
- Use of fantasy in childhood writings.
- Technology's impact on contemporary literary works.
- Race and ethnicity as represented by postmodern fiction.
- Religion in romantic poetry.
- Themes of love and loss in 20th-century texts.
- Horror genres in literary fiction.
- Postmodernism's impact on contemporary literary works.
Unique Literature Research Paper Topics
Unique literature topics for research papers can help students explore new concepts and gain a deeper understanding of their subject. Below are rare literature paper topics for you to review:
- The role of jealousy in 17th-century literary works.
- Gender identity as represented by reformist fiction.
- Mythological figures as portrayed by Greek and Roman poetry.
- The relationship between gender and power in Shakespeare's plays.
- Themes of isolation in 20th-century British poetry.
- Metaphors in the works of Gabriel García Márquez .
- Themes of rebellion and revolution in African American literary texts.
- The role of women in medieval romance literature.
- Poverty representation in Victorian novels.
- Themes of oppression and freedom in colonial Latin American texts.
- Use of metaphor and allegory in Dante's divine comedy.
- Influence of industrialization on 19th-century fiction.
- Dystopian settings within modern literature.
- Religion in contemporary fiction.
Spotted any ideas for your literature research paper? Now it’s time to compose your study. Leave us ‘ do my research paper ’ notice and get a professional writer to work on your project.
Controversial Literary Research Paper Topics
Controversial literary research topics can provide students with an opportunity to explore complex and sometimes contentious issues related to literary texts. Find below a controversial literary research paper topic for your dream English project!
- Racial stereotypes during 19th-century English literature.
- Themes of sexuality and desire in ancient Greek poetry.
- The relationship between political power and language in Shakespeare's plays.
- Conflict representation during 20th-century English fiction.
- English role in colonial Indian literature.
- Gender and racial representations within African American autobiographies.
- Themes of justice and control in Victorian English novels.
- Themes of oppression and resistance in feminist texts.
- The role of English in modern Japanese fiction.
- Themes of identity and belonging in postcolonial Indian literature.
- Censorship, free speech, and social responsibility in 19th-century English novels.
- Politics and power representations in Latin American poetry.
- Gender, race, and class representations in English renaissance drama.
- English as a tool for political ideology within the works of George Orwell.
- Language used to defy authority during modern fiction writing.
Fresh Literature Research Paper Ideas
Coming up with fresh ideas for literature research topics can be daunting. Students may want to look at the works they have studied or venture outside the traditional reading list and explore different authors and genres. Some literature research paper ideas comprise studying how certain authors influenced the literary movement, analyzing how language has been used throughout history, or examining gender, race, and class representations from a literary text. Here is a perfect list of fresh ideas!
- Aesthetics as presented by postmodern fiction.
- The theme of loss as portrayed by African authors .
- Use of language throughout history.
- Identity and belonging representation in contemporary young adult fiction.
- The intersection between art and literature in modern poetry.
- Themes of authority, rebellion, and revolution in medieval epic poetry.
- Role of fantasy in horror fiction.
- Gender, race, and class representations within British romanticism.
- American literary realism and naturalism.
- Influence of symbolism on French modernist poetry.
- Construction of memory within African American autobiographies.
- Representation of narrative time in Latin American fiction.
- Social injustice theme during early 20th-century American drama.
- The relationship between social identity and language during postcolonial fiction.
- Values and beliefs representations as presented by ancient Greek mythology.
Literature Research Paper Topics for Students
For students looking for research topics in literature for study, there is a wide variety of options available. Depending on the level and course, they might focus on analyzing particular authors, literary movements, or genres, exploring the use of language throughout history, or examining representations of gender, race, and class in books. You also need to study literary devices and their effects on readers when exploring literary topics for a research paper . Below are examples of literature topics for different students:
Literature Research Paper Topics for High School
These are literature topics to research, specifically tailored to high school students. They involve exploring the influence of literary work on culture, analyzing a single author's literary movement or genre, or investigating language use throughout history. This list of research topics in literature for high school provides an original starting point for your literary project!
- Racism as presented during early 20th-century works.
- Social criticism within contemporary dystopian young adult fiction.
- Folklore's impact on contemporary poetry.
- Representation of nature in modern literature.
- Spirituality as portrayed by reformist literature.
- Social class representation within postmodern novels.
- The theme of environment in romantic works.
- Colonialism representation during postcolonial works.
- Effects of pop culture on modern fiction.
- Mental illness representation during 19th-century poetry.
- The role of music and art in early 20th-century literary texts.
- Literature's influence on identity building in minority cultures.
- Family dynamics in postmodern poetry.
- Family and community representations during gothic fiction.
- Literature as a tool for social change.
Literature Research Paper Topics for College Students
These titles entail more serious and in-depth scrutiny than a high school literary paper. A college-level literary research paper topic provides students with a broader range of analysis. It encompasses looking at literature as a form of political commentary to get its relationship with other art forms. Below are literature research paper topics for college students:
- Identity construction during postmodern poetry.
- Alienation themes within modern fiction.
- Gender role representations in Shakespearean tragedies.
- The relationship between narrative and memory within Holocaust literature.
- Nature's role in contemporary American fiction.
- Authority and subversion themes during the early 20th-century drama.
- Race, class, and gender representation within African American autobiographies.
- Social media influence the literary language.
- The relationship between social identity and language in postcolonial fiction.
- Values as presented by ancient Greek mythology .
- Psychological distress during 20th-century war narratives.
- Attitudes towards mental illness as portrayed by gothic texts.
- The relationship between science and literary imagination.
- Social hierarchy within Victorian novels.
- Religion's role in southern American literature.
Literary Research Paper Topics by Categories
Research paper topics for literature by category offer an exclusive and stimulating perspective on literary analysis worldwide. They can be grouped into literary movements, authors, and genres, as well as topics related to language and history. If you are interested in European, American, and English literature topics, these ideas will help you find the perfect literary research paper topic for your project.
World Literature Research Paper Topics
Research paper topics for world literature allow students to explore literary works from any part of the world, including texts written in English, Spanish, and other languages. Below is a list that provides original world literature research topics for any project:
- Impact of colonialism on native literary traditions.
- Gender representation within French literature.
- Religion's role within literary works from Latin America.
- Symbolism in English poetry from the 19th century.
- Themes of nationalism within modern Russian fiction.
- Power and politics in Spanish plays.
- Conflict as portrayed by African literature.
- The role of folklore within Chinese fiction.
- Themes of cultural identity in Japanese drama.
- Family ties in Italian poetry.
- Symbolism in Arabic literature.
- Social class representation in Indian novels.
- Impact of globalization on middle eastern fiction.
- Human rights themes by contemporary Australian poets.
- Western representations of other cultures in modern literature.
American Literature Research Paper Topics
In research paper topics for American literature, you examine the works of early American writers and poets, as well as those from later periods. Here is a list of American literature topics for your paper!
- Attitudes towards race in early American novels.
- Colonialism during 19th-century poetry.
- Freedom and rebellion themes within revolutionary literature.
- The emergence of gothic horror in American fiction.
- Impact of transcendentalism on American writing.
- Gender representation during pre-civil war literature .
- Themes of morality in post-World War II American fiction.
- Role of religion during 19th-century American novels.
- Slavery and its abolition by American poets.
- Social class representation during early American drama.
- Themes of identity in postmodern American fiction.
- Industrialization of 20th-century literature.
- War and conflict representation by contemporary American playwrights.
- Racism in 20th-century American novels.
- Assimilation and immigration themes in post-World War II American literature.
British Literature Research Paper Topics
In British literature research topics, you explore works from early British writers to contemporary authors. Ideally, research topics for British literature should encompass works written by authors from all eras, including Medieval, Renaissance, and modern. Here is a list of English literature research paper topics for your perfect essay!
- Gender representation during medieval English literature.
- Colonialism's effects on British literary works during the 18th century.
- Influence of British writers on modern literature.
- The role of nature in 18th-century British novels.
- Interpretations of classic British literary works.
- Social class representations during 19th-century British fiction.
- Themes of love and romance within Victorian literature.
- Industrialization's impact on 20th-century British novels.
- Patriotism and nationalism during post-World War II literary work.
- Multiculturalism representations in postmodern British fiction.
- Effects of censorship on British authors during the 20th century.
- Mental health representation in modern British poetry.
- Representation of historical events in British works throughout time.
- Technological representations in 21st-century British Novels.
- Intersectionality by contemporary British playwrights.
Did you know that you can generate a bunch of title ideas using our Research Paper Topic Generator ?
European Literary Research Paper Topics
European literature research paper topics offer an excellent opportunity to explore the works of European authors. They allow you to study and analyze the academic traditions and cultures of some of Europe's most influential writers. You can find such literary research paper topic ideas in the list below:
- Representations of the European monarchy in classic novels.
- Censorship effects on European authors during the 20th century.
- Impact of World War II on European authors.
- Gender representations within Victorian poetry.
- Literary works from different countries and cultures in Europe.
- Use of language, symbolism, and imagery to explore themes in European texts.
- Themes of nature and environment within German short stories.
- Technology representations in late Victorian poetry.
- Popular culture's influence on European literary movements from the 20th century to modern times.
- Impact of European literary works on people's perceptions of other cultures.
- Use of supernatural elements within European gothic writings from the 18th to 19th centuries.
- Identity representations in French social realism texts.
- Technology's impact on contemporary European literary works.
- Family and community representations during post-war theater.
- Themes of justice and injustice within European dystopian texts.
Literature Research Paper Ideas by Periods
You may aspire to find literature topics for research papers from different historical periods. This involves studying literature from various cultures or eras, such as ancient, medieval, or modern ones. These ideas also cover the examination of themes and symbols used in writings and scrutinizing characters and their development through various works. Other topics include the exploration of texts from a political perspective in relation to their historical contexts. These ideas contain some literary research topics from various periods:
Ancient Literary Research Paper Topics
There are many exciting options to consider if you're looking for ancient literature research paper topics. They can be studied with regard to history, culture, art, and philosophy. To gain more insight, you could explore the works of Homer, Henry James, Virgil, and the Mahabharata, or old Egyptian writings, such as The Iliad and Odyssey . Below is a list of ancient literature topics for research you can choose from.
- Gender representations in epic poetry.
- Role of mythology and religion in ancient texts.
- Influence of philosophy on ancient literature.
- Power representations in Greek tragedy.
- Heroism by early epic authors.
- Love and marriage in ancient texts.
- Ancient narratives of war and conflict.
- Slavery representations in Roman poetry.
- The role of music and art in classical literature.
- Nature representations in ancient texts.
- Politics' influence on Greek comedy.
- Family and community representations in roman narratives.
- Characters' representation in epic poetry.
- The role of technology in early literary works.
- Representations of the divine in ancient texts.
Read more: History Research Topics for Students
Medieval Literature Research Paper Topics
The medieval literary study provides a unique opportunity to explore literature research topics of the Middle Ages. From Beowulf to The Canterbury Tales , these works offer insights into this era's cultural beliefs and values. Here are such literary topics for research papers to focus on:
- Representations of medieval chivalry in literary works.
- Religion's influence on medieval works.
- Gender representation in medieval texts.
- The role of magic in medieval narratives.
- The impact of feudalism on medieval texts.
- Honor and loyalty representations by chivalric texts.
- The role of courtly love in medieval works.
- Knights and warriors' representations in literary works.
- Warfare representations in medieval texts.
- The role of education and learning in medieval literature.
Renaissance Literary Research Paper Topics
The Renaissance literature research paper ideas explore works of literature during the Renaissance era, which spanned from the 14th to the 17th century. They focus on the themes, authors, and literature of this period to provide a better understanding of how literary works have evolved within this timeframe and their impact on our current literature. Some of the most influential figures who contributed immensely to writings during this era were William Shakespeare and Miguel de Cervantes. If you are interested in researching this period, you can consider a literature research paper topic from the list below:
- Love and romance representations in Renaissance texts.
- Science and technology in 16th-century literature.
- Class and social status representations in Renaissance literary works.
- Classical mythology in Renaissance poetry.
- Representations of family and community in Renaissance narratives.
- Effects of humanism on Renaissance literature in Europe.
- Imagery role by William Shakespeare .
- Representations of art, music, and theater in Renaissance texts.
- Politics' role in 16th-century literary texts.
- Nature representation by John Milton or Torquato Tasso.
- Exploration influence on Renaissance narratives.
- Influence of Renaissance literature on modern writing.
- Women's representation in literary texts by Anne Bradstreet or Aphra Behn.
- Magic and supernatural representations in literary works of Renaissance.
- Humanism and individualism themes within Renaissance literature.
Romantic Literature Research Paper Ideas
Romantic literature emerged during the late 18th century and flourished throughout the early 19th century in Europe. It is characterized by its focus on emotion and depictions of nature. This movement had a lasting impact on literary works and has been highly influential. Research topics in literature can explore the writings of authors such as Lord Byron, Percy Bysshe Shelley, and William Wordsworth. Here are some ideas related to romanticism:
- Nature representations in Romantic texts.
- The role of emotion as depicted in 19th-century literature.
- Influence of Romantic authors on modern literature and culture.
- Women's representation in Romantic narratives.
- Industrialization impact on 19th-century texts.
- Influence of religion and superstition in early Romantic texts.
- Use of technology to discuss themes in Romantic texts from the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
- The role of education as portrayed by Romantic narratives.
- Character analysis and plot structure in gothic fiction.
- Nationalism and patriotism as represented by post-Napoleonic war poems.
Modernist Literary Research Paper Topics
Modern literature emerged during the early 20th century until the end of World War II. It is characterized by a rejection of traditional conventions and focused on experimentation with form. This movement had an unprecedented impact on literature research topics and is highly influential today. If you are looking for literary topics for research papers that focus on modernism, consider exploring the following:
- Nature representations by modern texts.
- Social inequality in 21st-century novels.
- Modernism's influence on current literature and culture.
- Climate change within contemporary fiction.
- Impact of social injustice on 20th-century literary works.
- Urbanization representations by modern literary texts.
- Education's influence on modernist narratives.
- Wealth and power in early modernist texts.
- Themes of urban life by Ezra Pound or Wallace Stevens.
- Modernism's impact on classical literature.
- Globalization themes within postmodern poetry.
- Multiculturalism themes in contemporary literary works.
- Mental health representations in modern British novels.
- Global conflict representation in modern fiction.
- The influence of psychoanalysis on modernist literature.
Current Literature Research Paper Ideas
Current literature paper topics can look at the latest trends. They include exploring contemporary works such as Harry Potter by J.K Rowling and Stardust by Neil Gaiman. These topics may also involve analyzing social media's effects on literary writings. If you are looking for current literary topics for a research paper, consider the following:
- Technological impact on literary works in the 21st century.
- Art, music, and theater in modern texts.
- Impact of conflict on recent literary works.
- Social injustice in 21st-century narratives.
- Racism, ethnicity, and slavery in contemporary texts.
- Wealth and power in recent literary works.
- Globalization themes in postmodern poetry.
- Urbanization in modern writings.
- Immigration within postmodern British novels.
In case you need more paper topics, feel free to browse our blog. We have a wide arsenal of ideas starting from philosophy research paper topics to education research paper topics .
Bottom Line on Literature Research Paper Topics
Literature topics for research can explore a wide range of themes and works. Whether you are looking for visionary ideas about poetry, fiction, or books from different eras, there is no shortage of literature paper topics to choose from. To narrow down your focus and find the best idea for your project, consider researching literary movements, reading widely, and thinking about the areas that interest you most. Literature topics for research papers should be chosen based on students' interests and areas of expertise. By conducting in-depth research, you will gain a greater appreciation for literary work and its impact on society. With this article as a guide, you can take the time to find a topic that speaks to you and create an engaging research paper.
We would like to remind you that our professional writers are available 24/7 and will be glad to help you. StudyCrumb provides the best research paper writing service quickly and efficiently. Fill out the form on our website, and don't worry about anything else.
Joe Eckel is an expert on Dissertations writing. He makes sure that each student gets precious insights on composing A-grade academic writing.
You may also like
Have a language expert improve your writing
Run a free plagiarism check in 10 minutes, generate accurate citations for free.
- Knowledge Base
- How to Write a Literature Review | Guide, Examples, & Templates
How to Write a Literature Review | Guide, Examples, & Templates
Published on January 2, 2023 by Shona McCombes . Revised on September 11, 2023.
What is a literature review? A literature review is a survey of scholarly sources on a specific topic. It provides an overview of current knowledge, allowing you to identify relevant theories, methods, and gaps in the existing research that you can later apply to your paper, thesis, or dissertation topic .
There are five key steps to writing a literature review:
- Search for relevant literature
- Evaluate sources
- Identify themes, debates, and gaps
- Outline the structure
- Write your literature review
A good literature review doesn’t just summarize sources—it analyzes, synthesizes , and critically evaluates to give a clear picture of the state of knowledge on the subject.
Table of contents
What is the purpose of a literature review, examples of literature reviews, step 1 – search for relevant literature, step 2 – evaluate and select sources, step 3 – identify themes, debates, and gaps, step 4 – outline your literature review’s structure, step 5 – write your literature review, free lecture slides, other interesting articles, frequently asked questions, introduction.
- Quick Run-through
- Step 1 & 2
When you write a thesis , dissertation , or research paper , you will likely have to conduct a literature review to situate your research within existing knowledge. The literature review gives you a chance to:
- Demonstrate your familiarity with the topic and its scholarly context
- Develop a theoretical framework and methodology for your research
- Position your work in relation to other researchers and theorists
- Show how your research addresses a gap or contributes to a debate
- Evaluate the current state of research and demonstrate your knowledge of the scholarly debates around your topic.
Writing literature reviews is a particularly important skill if you want to apply for graduate school or pursue a career in research. We’ve written a step-by-step guide that you can follow below.
Prevent plagiarism. Run a free check.
Writing literature reviews can be quite challenging! A good starting point could be to look at some examples, depending on what kind of literature review you’d like to write.
- Example literature review #1: “Why Do People Migrate? A Review of the Theoretical Literature” ( Theoretical literature review about the development of economic migration theory from the 1950s to today.)
- Example literature review #2: “Literature review as a research methodology: An overview and guidelines” ( Methodological literature review about interdisciplinary knowledge acquisition and production.)
- Example literature review #3: “The Use of Technology in English Language Learning: A Literature Review” ( Thematic literature review about the effects of technology on language acquisition.)
- Example literature review #4: “Learners’ Listening Comprehension Difficulties in English Language Learning: A Literature Review” ( Chronological literature review about how the concept of listening skills has changed over time.)
You can also check out our templates with literature review examples and sample outlines at the links below.
Download Word doc Download Google doc
Before you begin searching for literature, you need a clearly defined topic .
If you are writing the literature review section of a dissertation or research paper, you will search for literature related to your research problem and questions .
Make a list of keywords
Start by creating a list of keywords related to your research question. Include each of the key concepts or variables you’re interested in, and list any synonyms and related terms. You can add to this list as you discover new keywords in the process of your literature search.
- Social media, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok
- Body image, self-perception, self-esteem, mental health
- Generation Z, teenagers, adolescents, youth
Search for relevant sources
Use your keywords to begin searching for sources. Some useful databases to search for journals and articles include:
- Your university’s library catalogue
- Google Scholar
- Project Muse (humanities and social sciences)
- Medline (life sciences and biomedicine)
- EconLit (economics)
- Inspec (physics, engineering and computer science)
You can also use boolean operators to help narrow down your search.
Make sure to read the abstract to find out whether an article is relevant to your question. When you find a useful book or article, you can check the bibliography to find other relevant sources.
You likely won’t be able to read absolutely everything that has been written on your topic, so it will be necessary to evaluate which sources are most relevant to your research question.
For each publication, ask yourself:
- What question or problem is the author addressing?
- What are the key concepts and how are they defined?
- What are the key theories, models, and methods?
- Does the research use established frameworks or take an innovative approach?
- What are the results and conclusions of the study?
- How does the publication relate to other literature in the field? Does it confirm, add to, or challenge established knowledge?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the research?
Make sure the sources you use are credible , and make sure you read any landmark studies and major theories in your field of research.
You can use our template to summarize and evaluate sources you’re thinking about using. Click on either button below to download.
Take notes and cite your sources
As you read, you should also begin the writing process. Take notes that you can later incorporate into the text of your literature review.
It is important to keep track of your sources with citations to avoid plagiarism . It can be helpful to make an annotated bibliography , where you compile full citation information and write a paragraph of summary and analysis for each source. This helps you remember what you read and saves time later in the process.
Here's why students love Scribbr's proofreading services
Discover proofreading & editing
To begin organizing your literature review’s argument and structure, be sure you understand the connections and relationships between the sources you’ve read. Based on your reading and notes, you can look for:
- Trends and patterns (in theory, method or results): do certain approaches become more or less popular over time?
- Themes: what questions or concepts recur across the literature?
- Debates, conflicts and contradictions: where do sources disagree?
- Pivotal publications: are there any influential theories or studies that changed the direction of the field?
- Gaps: what is missing from the literature? Are there weaknesses that need to be addressed?
This step will help you work out the structure of your literature review and (if applicable) show how your own research will contribute to existing knowledge.
- Most research has focused on young women.
- There is an increasing interest in the visual aspects of social media.
- But there is still a lack of robust research on highly visual platforms like Instagram and Snapchat—this is a gap that you could address in your own research.
There are various approaches to organizing the body of a literature review. Depending on the length of your literature review, you can combine several of these strategies (for example, your overall structure might be thematic, but each theme is discussed chronologically).
The simplest approach is to trace the development of the topic over time. However, if you choose this strategy, be careful to avoid simply listing and summarizing sources in order.
Try to analyze patterns, turning points and key debates that have shaped the direction of the field. Give your interpretation of how and why certain developments occurred.
If you have found some recurring central themes, you can organize your literature review into subsections that address different aspects of the topic.
For example, if you are reviewing literature about inequalities in migrant health outcomes, key themes might include healthcare policy, language barriers, cultural attitudes, legal status, and economic access.
If you draw your sources from different disciplines or fields that use a variety of research methods , you might want to compare the results and conclusions that emerge from different approaches. For example:
- Look at what results have emerged in qualitative versus quantitative research
- Discuss how the topic has been approached by empirical versus theoretical scholarship
- Divide the literature into sociological, historical, and cultural sources
A literature review is often the foundation for a theoretical framework . You can use it to discuss various theories, models, and definitions of key concepts.
You might argue for the relevance of a specific theoretical approach, or combine various theoretical concepts to create a framework for your research.
Like any other academic text , your literature review should have an introduction , a main body, and a conclusion . What you include in each depends on the objective of your literature review.
The introduction should clearly establish the focus and purpose of the literature review.
Depending on the length of your literature review, you might want to divide the body into subsections. You can use a subheading for each theme, time period, or methodological approach.
As you write, you can follow these tips:
- Summarize and synthesize: give an overview of the main points of each source and combine them into a coherent whole
- Analyze and interpret: don’t just paraphrase other researchers — add your own interpretations where possible, discussing the significance of findings in relation to the literature as a whole
- Critically evaluate: mention the strengths and weaknesses of your sources
- Write in well-structured paragraphs: use transition words and topic sentences to draw connections, comparisons and contrasts
In the conclusion, you should summarize the key findings you have taken from the literature and emphasize their significance.
When you’ve finished writing and revising your literature review, don’t forget to proofread thoroughly before submitting. Not a language expert? Check out Scribbr’s professional proofreading services !
This article has been adapted into lecture slides that you can use to teach your students about writing a literature review.
Scribbr slides are free to use, customize, and distribute for educational purposes.
Open Google Slides Download PowerPoint
If you want to know more about the research process , methodology , research bias , or statistics , make sure to check out some of our other articles with explanations and examples.
- Sampling methods
- Simple random sampling
- Stratified sampling
- Cluster sampling
- Likert scales
- Null hypothesis
- Statistical power
- Probability distribution
- Effect size
- Poisson distribution
- Optimism bias
- Cognitive bias
- Implicit bias
- Hawthorne effect
- Anchoring bias
- Explicit bias
A literature review is a survey of scholarly sources (such as books, journal articles, and theses) related to a specific topic or research question .
It is often written as part of a thesis, dissertation , or research paper , in order to situate your work in relation to existing knowledge.
There are several reasons to conduct a literature review at the beginning of a research project:
- To familiarize yourself with the current state of knowledge on your topic
- To ensure that you’re not just repeating what others have already done
- To identify gaps in knowledge and unresolved problems that your research can address
- To develop your theoretical framework and methodology
- To provide an overview of the key findings and debates on the topic
Writing the literature review shows your reader how your work relates to existing research and what new insights it will contribute.
The literature review usually comes near the beginning of your thesis or dissertation . After the introduction , it grounds your research in a scholarly field and leads directly to your theoretical framework or methodology .
A literature review is a survey of credible sources on a topic, often used in dissertations , theses, and research papers . Literature reviews give an overview of knowledge on a subject, helping you identify relevant theories and methods, as well as gaps in existing research. Literature reviews are set up similarly to other academic texts , with an introduction , a main body, and a conclusion .
An annotated bibliography is a list of source references that has a short description (called an annotation ) for each of the sources. It is often assigned as part of the research process for a paper .
Cite this Scribbr article
If you want to cite this source, you can copy and paste the citation or click the “Cite this Scribbr article” button to automatically add the citation to our free Citation Generator.
McCombes, S. (2023, September 11). How to Write a Literature Review | Guide, Examples, & Templates. Scribbr. Retrieved November 16, 2023, from https://www.scribbr.com/dissertation/literature-review/
Is this article helpful?
Other students also liked, what is a theoretical framework | guide to organizing, what is a research methodology | steps & tips, how to write a research proposal | examples & templates, what is your plagiarism score.
- How we work
Worthy Literature Review Topics for Presenting a Cogent Work
What Topics for Literature Review to Consider to Outshine
Studying at college or university, planning to build up a final research paper, preparing for classes, creating a graduate project, or working on a capstone project always involves dealing with plentiful literature and analyzing reports on many topics. A literature review is an academic writing that unites a student’s knowledge of a defined topic, and it’s up to them to pick winning literature review topics to prove their expertise in the chosen field, as well as show the ability to analyze and compare several sources.
As usual, a literature review presents a consistent overview of the used material, the main points of the research, the author’s critical assessment of the topic, covers the existing theories, fills the informational gaps, and expresses a personal point of view. It can be a standalone piece of academic writing based on the literature on a specific topic or be an integral part or separate section of a paper or research project.
Speaking about the intentions in a political science literature review or another, a source report on the topic is designed. It’s important to remember a student should present a well-reasoned scientific review on the topic or a debate but not enlist all literature they use, so it looks like a library collection. When dealing with a dissertation or a term paper, creating a decent review that will summarize the whole literature is one of the most important tasks after selecting a fitting topic.
So, it’s up to a student to submit a well-reasonable, cogent literature review to evidence their knowledge of the chosen topic. There are several purposes why you should prepare a review of the used literature:
- Provide a critical analysis of a topic and define a frame of questions that should be resolved.
- Showing your familiarity with the topic and understanding of the state of research in the field.
- Determining the gaps compared to the prior investigations you can cover in your research.
- Know the previous literature regarding the chosen topic, summarize theories, making outcomes to present your groundwork and exploration.
When writing your literature review, it’s necessary to concentrate on your literature review and pick proper sources to cover the topic fully by focusing on the gaps that weren’t presented before by other writers. To gain the needed results of a literature review, a student should highlight scientific controversies and try to solve them by offering their solutions and viewpoints on the topic.
Worthy Literature Review Topics Psychology: Cover Issues Rationally
For a vast majority of students choosing good literature review topics for psychology research can be even more difficult than writing it. Indeed, making the first step in the research process is always daunting and can waste time greatly without gaining particular results from the literature review on a specific topic. Therefore, when thinking about a topic for your literature review in the psychology field you’d like to investigate, you should consider the previous works to avoid repetition and demonstrate your interest in the field.
Since there are diverse branches of psychology, you need to think about what field is more interesting to you than others and then consider literature review topic ideas. Are you interested in a literature review on topics related to health psychology, developmental, or occupational psychology? Can’t determine what topic you want to investigate in your literature review? Then our service offers you a list of topics for a literature review to choose from. Nevertheless, for your literature review, consider those topics that appeal to you most, and you have a good background in:
- The effect of praise and reward on a person’s motivation and achievements.
- Addiction to social media: that’s why children become aggressive and rude.
- Frequent anxiety attacks as the first sign of a psychological disorder.
- Gender role in modern society: is there any discrimination?
- How to manage stress and relax in a stressful environment?
- Sports influence human behavior and psychological state.
So, finally, you choose the literature review topics psychology offers and can move further with your investigation. Now it’s important to arrange a research paper wisely to cover the maximum possible questions by following the correct structure. Like other academic works, a good literature review on psychology should have an introduction, main part, and conclusion.
A literature review should be well-structured, logical, and cover the topic wholly. Its parts should be interconnected by preserving a single and unique idea and outlining a strong thesis statement showing your final attitude to literature review topics in education or other fields.
List of Literature Review Topics Examples That Are Worth Attention
No matter what area you deal with in your literature review: education, economics, medicine, sciences, philology, architecture, or engineering, you should define a topic for your research to create a decent review that will include all aspects that matter and cover these issues.
Numerous topics make sense to people. There are endless questions regarding each of them. So, it’s vital to define what aspects haven’t been explored yet, and you can use this opportunity to fill the gap and conduct a well-grounded investigation. Let’s have a look at some of the current literature review topics examples you can find worthy:
- Bulimia and anorexia: are these eating disorders a consequence of psychological issues?
- The relationship between economic prosperity and unemployment rate.
- Applying 3D technology in modern civil engineering & construction.
- Blood donation process: what you should know before the donation.
- Data mining technology in boosting business processes.
- The benefits of installing solar panels.
All in all, it’s a challenging task to select good topics for literature review, so it’ll depict the critical issues of your research and highlight the most prominent works in the chosen field. When selecting a proper topic, take into account it shouldn’t be too broad or narrow. There should be aspects that haven’t been discussed before in literature reviews.
A perfect review of the literature should interpret the existing research and explicate your own idea, so together, they create a unique cogent text. Another highly important aspect of a literature review is using authoritative sources that can back up your statements. This is an integral part of a high-quality research review because you show what contributions were made before and apply them to your critical analysis.
Literature Review Topic Examples to Build Your Work Easily
A standard review of sources consists of the same parts as an ordinary essay or a term paper: first, you introduce the chosen topic by enlisting points you’ll discuss in your work. Second, you prepare a critical assessment of the key issues, mention ways to resolve and provide your alternative to fix them, and finally, you summarize your statements with a persuasive thesis statement.
It’s necessary to say there’s no defined formula on how to build a literature review correctly. The structure of the literature review on your topic depends on the scientific area a student investigates. It also relates to the scientific aims and arguments a writer displays to support or disprove.
It’s recommended to include the following patterns to organize the literature review:
- Chronological development of the examined topic.
- Concepts that were used primarily to cover the gaps.
- Key definitions that were mentioned in the research.
- Outline the debates around the raised issue.
- Provide statements for and against the major problem.
- Key authors and works that focus on the topic selected.
- Mention the methodology used to conduct research.
Remember, the most important thing about a literature review on any topic is to present your stance based on the works of reputable researchers and scientists. So, concentrate your attention on the literature that fits your viewpoints and thereby strengthen your review on the topic you’ve chosen.
Consider Good Literature Review Topics to Stand Out From the Rest
If a student hesitates about what theme to choose for their term paper, nowadays, there are lots of literature review topic examples that are worth attention. To determine what topic is more relevant to the studying field and a student’s major, they should do a detailed preliminary literature review of sources and define whether it’s enough to conduct an elaborate and robust work.
Struggling with finding literature review essay topics? Our literature review writing services will gladly help you brainstorm the most appropriate ones to get high grades and prove your competence in the specialization field. To pick a good theme and succeed in writing a literature review, it’s also important to possess specific skills that facilitate the whole writing process. Hence, it’ll be easier for students with a particular skill set to compose a reasonable and measurable review of the used literature on the topic:
- Ability to think critically.
- Analyze the information deeply.
- Outline main tasks, goals, and proofs.
- Be detail-oriented and pick up the most vital info.
- Define key points of the research to render the core sense.
Additionally, to find good topics for a literature review, it’s possible to visit some online libraries, guides, and databases with diverse scientific works and publications that will back up your exploratory studies.
To show up against others, it’s better to pay attention to the topics that relate to the advanced technologies that can be applied in numerous areas, i.e., topics for literature review in education, medicine, business, engineering, science, etc. The IT sector is rapidly spreading throughout the entire area and facilitates better and stronger competition rates. Thus, your literature review will have success at least by choosing a highly competitive topic.
Top Literature Review Nursing Topics: Meet Demands Without a Hitch
Being one of the most expanded studying areas, a research paper on nursing requires sufficient time to build up a well-structured & thought-out paper and a consistent report of literature sources accordingly. To impress tutors and scientific supervisors, we offer you to select one of the following literature review topic examples that can relate to the next issues:
- Cyberbullying and the tendency to commit suicide among teens.
- Teamwork as a motivator for achieving greater results at work.
- Parental separation: its harsh effect on a child’s mental health.
- Meditation as a useful way to fight depression and stress.
- Depression and its influence on working efficiency.
- How to handle pressure and stay cool-headed?
- Abusive relationships between teenagers.
- Autistic children and their socialization.
It’s a well-known fact that preparing a literature review on psychology means sleepless nights for the majority of students. Choosing fitting literature review nursing topics takes lots of time and effort to arrange a paper correctly without losing the key idea. Although, selecting and writing a review of the used literature on the topic isn’t as complicated as you may think.
The biggest problem with nursing literature review topics selection is to tune in the process and analyze tens of publications and articles on the related topic. Sure, it’s impossible to read all the literature on the topic you’ve picked. You’d rather prepare a list of the most fitting topics and make notes about the major points mentioned there. By reviewing the main concepts and methods and outlining topics and outcomes, you’ll be able to formulate your final results and then compare them with the prior literature.
To conclude, selecting appropriate topics for literature review of the paper, a student should have a solid background in the chosen subfield to know where and what to search to compile a persuasive and facts-based review. The truth is that choosing a good topic is half of success, and the last thing you need to do is to write it considering the requirements for the literature review.
Find the best tips and advice to improve your writing. Or, have a top expert write your paper.
221 Awesome Literary Research Paper Topics To Choose From
Are you looking for the best literary research paper topic or wondering how to choose a topic for a literary research paper? You are at the right place. The hardest part of doing research is getting an ideal topic. Once, you get a great topic you are good to go.
We have a great number of best-rated expert writers that can provide well-done professional papers. As students in college, we understand that high payment rates can be frustrating, that’s why we offer cheap prices for high-quality work. We offer the best help with research papers to get top grades. Browse through this variety of topics to find the best fit for you.
Literature Research Topics
Getting an ideal literature research paper topic can consume a lot of time. In this category, you will get some of the best literature research topics.
- Discuss the American dream in literature.
- How do religion and literature correlate?
- Discuss the “stream of consciousness” style of literature.
- Examine artificial languages in literature.
- How is mythology termed in literature?
- Discuss why Harry Potter became that popular.
- Is it advisable for literature to be gendered?
- Evaluate between utopian and dystopian literature.
- Discuss the work of Shakespeare.
- How can you rate the feminist literature – does it have a ground?
- Evaluate the impact of the work of Shakespeare.
- Can fan fiction be considered an independent part of literature?
- How do clichés work in literature
- How are the Byronic characters in literature?
- Discuss the good and evil of studying literature.
- The literary work during WWI
- Evaluate the portrayal of war and peace by George Orwell.
Interesting Literature Topics
Did you know that there are interesting literature topics? They deal with the evolution of literature and how it has grown till the present time. Thinking of literature topics for research paper is challenging, so here are some more options.
- How can you term irony and sarcasm in literature?
- How can literature be termed as an instrument of propaganda?
- Discuss madness in literature.
- The influence of trickster characters in literature.
- Discuss travel writing in the 20 th century.
- Evaluate narrative nature and verse since 1900.
- How has city living changed since 1900?
- Evaluate literature as part of modern culture.
- How are social issues exposed in literature?
- The relation between literature and psychology.
- The influence of European culture in the Midwest literature.
- The differences between the literature of different countries.
- The effect of European culture on modern literature.
- The impact of feminism on modern culture.
- Evaluate Japanese literature in the 20 th century.
Literature Topics for a Research Paper
In this category, you will get a wide variety of literature topics that you can use for your research. A well-written research paper will help you get top grades.
- What can you term as the cultural production of Latina writers?
- Discuss the representation of Ethics in literature.
- Evaluate the famous work of Ernest Hemingway.
- Expound on the invented languages in literature.
- Why do you think “Harry Potter” has become so popular?
- How is the Image of death represented as a character in literature?
- The impact of literature on kids.
- Is there an appropriate gender in literature?
- Evaluate the Victorian literature.
- Elaborate on the complete work of William Shakespeare.
- Discuss whether fanfiction is independent literature.
- Which are the Byronic characters in literature.
- Elaborate irony versus sarcasm in literature.
- How can literature be used as an instrument of propaganda?
Literature Research Paper Topics
In this category of research paper topics, you get to relate one phenomenon with the other. They are also based on some well-known novels. When thinking of literary topics for research paper, consider your scope of knowledge and interest in the topic.
- The correlation between psychology and literature.
- How is the construction of social identity?
- How can you describe the settler nationhood and the wilderness in North American poetry?
- Why does place matters to a poet?
- Evaluate travel writing in the 20 th century and 21 st century.
- The influence of animals in children’s literature.
- Evaluate the importance of humor in children’s literature.
- Discuss the best children’s novels from 1900.
- How does young adult literature represent disability?
- How to read to under five years old children to develop relationships and imaginations?
- Evaluate the modern novel and psychology.
- Define the cross-disciplinary boundaries between archaeology and English literature.
- Evaluate the 19 th -century novel and science.
- Evaluate how history is important in deciphering modern literature.
- How is philosophy important to literature.
English Literature Research Paper Topics
In English literature, it focuses on how various novels, classics, or books are written to explain a certain phenomenon. Here are some literature topics that you can start with:
- Evaluate the methods of teaching English literature.
- Investigate modern Indian literature in English translation.
- Evaluate women writers and the survey of English literature.
- Investigate the impact of the Bible on English literature.
- Evaluate the impact of the Classics on Literature.
- Define the scope of English literature in Educating people.
- Explain the influence of Darwin on Literature.
- Explain medieval English literature.
- Examine Women studies and Feminism in India.
- Evaluate the short history of the Norton Anthology of the English language.
- Evaluate the English Renaissance study.
- Investigate medieval feminism in middle English Studies.
- Evaluate women in Indian English Literature.
- Discuss feminism and modern Indian literature.
- Discuss the evolution of English in North America.
Topics in Literature
Literature requires full concentration to get to the bottom of a certain phenomenon. We have simplified the topics to make it easier for you to do your assignment in college.
- Discuss Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet based on Male melodrama.
- How as black lives matter movement influenced black literature?
- Evaluate the contemporary refuge literature.
- Investigate post-colonialism and climate change in literature.
- Discuss tradition and modernity through the lens of Tagore Gora.
- Investigate the relation between pre-independence and post-independence in Indian literature.
- The role of African literary responses to Racism.
- The literature on homosexuality.
- The significance of Literature in the modern world.
- Feminism growth in the twentieth century.
- The effects of fairy tales perceptions in the modern era.
- Correlation between pre-independence and post-independence Indian literature.
- Discuss the novel, “To kill a Mockingbird from 1960”.
- The significance of Shakespeare in the world of Literature.
- How did the artistry of writing novels start?
- The character analysis of Emy and Rebecca in Vanity Fair.
- The Depiction of vampires in the 19 th and 21 st -century literature.
Research Topics in English Literature
In this category, there are comparison topics that you can analyze for your research. These are based on well-known books and novels in English.
- Evaluate the diversity of Chaucer’s genres in tales of Canterbury.
- The accuracy of historical novels in the document happenings.
- How has the role of a woman changed in twentieth-century literature?
- What effect does Milton’s paradise lost have on 17 th -century literature?
- How have James Joyce and William Burroughs done their novels?
- What is our modern perspective about 19 th -century novels and the general public and similar perspectives when they were first published?
- Evaluate the less-known work of well-known writers.
- Examine why adults find Lord of the Rings appealing.
- How does the work of Maya Angelou play a role in African literary responses to racism?
- Recognizing the unconscious in modernist literature.
- Evaluate the representation of Hindu and Buddhist thought in Modern Literature.
- The representation of abortion in British Literature.
- Profess poetry in terms of style and faith in Hopkins.
- Evaluate the evolution of literature in the twentieth century.
- Describe the writing nature in the age of chemical countryside.
Literature Topics for Research Papers
These are some of the best literature topics for research papers. They require minimal effort to submit a well-written research paper.
- The roles of gender in modern literature.
- The importance of having animals in children’s literature.
- Analysis of the first world war.
- How accurate is History as described in historical novels?
- The difference between literature in the US and Great Britain.
- Analyze the 19 th -century poetic imagination.
- Examine the 19 th -century poetic imagination based on astronomy.
- How is quantum physics applied in literature?
- What is the most important work written by William Shakespeare?
- The Female masculinities in old English Literature.
- The difference between modernism and realism.
- Critical analysis of First World War poetry.
- The analysis of the meaning of fairy tales in literature.
- The influence on literature during the renaissance era.
- The historical analysis of children’s literature.
- The idea of death in Renaissance literature.
- The historical background of Duma’s novels.
Literary Topics for a Research Paper
Literary topics are diverse. This can make it hectic to choose an appropriate one for your research paper.
- Discuss the most important work of Shakespeare.
- Describe the gothic novel’s gender representation.
- The effect of social media language on learners.
- The travails of the African woman.
- The utilization of language activities in teaching and learning of English Language.
- Discuss women in nation-building and influence on literature.
- The relevance of folktale in the learning of literature.
- The significance of drama and poetry in literature.
- Factors affecting the choice of language in a multilingual society.
- Comparative study of morphological processes in English.
- Comparative study of Achebe’s “Things fall apart”.
- The significance of proverbs in literature.
- The influence of politics in the building of literary texts.
- The analysis of speech in literature.
- The analysis of threat in literature.
Research Topics in Literature
These research topics are based on various societal aspects and impacts on the world. They also deal with people’s emotions and behaviors in different contexts.
- The nativization of English in African literary texts.
- An analysis of the Asian theatre and influence on modern literature.
- The examination of leadership in literature.
- The relevance of literature in the world.
- What is the need to study literature?
- Evaluate the evolution of literature from the start till now.
- Analyze the methods used in creating styles in the literature.
- What are some of the feminist criticism of some selected Feminist works?
- The importance of fiction in literature.
- The relevance of emotion and narration in novel writing in literature.
- Discuss how conflicts are brought out in literary novels.
- What is the effect of language diversity on the development of a country?
- Discuss the relevance of music and revolution.
- The challenges of language on national development.
- What is the communication medium used in literature?
Literature Paper Topics
Here are some of the best literature paper topics that you can use for your research. As long as you narrow down the research topic, getting relevant information will be easy.
- The difference between linguistic and grammatical theories.
- The problems related to tenses in literature.
- The evaluation of word formation in literature.
- The significance of poems in literature.
- The evolution and levels of modern literature.
- The personal happiness versus societal norms in Victorian literature.
- The sentence structure of English literature.
- Does the native language of a person influence adoption of a second language?
- An analysis of problems associated with learning a second language.
- The manifestation of non-standard usage of English among University Students.
- The influence of rituals, music, songs, and dances in literature.
- The poetic language and influence on the expression.
- How can literature be termed as the vehicle for social change?
- The syntactic problems associated with English usage.
- The influence of society on students’ performance in literature.
- Teaching and learning strengths in literature.
American Literature Research Paper Topics
Finding an ideal research paper topic in America’s context can consume a lot of time. Here you will find simplified topics for your research paper.
- Discuss contemporary American Literature.
- The African Realism and influence in Literature.
- How did colonization influence modern literature?
- Define 20 th -century Latin American literature.
- Evaluate African Americans and their fight for equality in American Literature.
- Define realism, naturalism, and modernism in African American literature.
- Evaluate Allen Ginsberg and American Protest literature.
- Examine American literature and society.
- Analyze American literature in Post-World War II.
- American Literature in the 20 th and 21 st century.
- American literature and religious ideologies.
- Anne Bradstreet’s contribution to American Literature.
- The influence of Asian American literature.
- Evaluate the color interpretations in the great Gatsby.
- The common themes in American Literature.
Literature Research Paper Topics for College Students
Are you a college student looking for an ideal literature research paper? Here are some topics for you!
- Provide your understanding of censorship in American Literature.
- Evaluate black American women writers and their influence on the world.
- Architectural imagery in 20 th century African American literature.
- How do characters lose their innocence in literature?
- The different modes of communication in literature.
- The conversation of American Sign Language in literature.
- How are dialects and death shown in literature?
- How does Literature portray American culture?
- How does self-verification occur in African American Literature?
- The generational divide and impact on modern literature.
- The establishment of traditional excellence.
- Explore the modern literature.
- How can you define masculinity in literature?
- The impact of World War I on American literature.
- The significance of African American literature addressing the black experience.
- The male and female characters in Beowulf.
- The relationship between mother and daughter in Beloved.
Literature Review Topics Examples
Do you know how to do a literature review on various topics? Try any of this and see your proficiency in the sector.
- A literature review on rational and rationality.
- A literature review on dependence and development.
- A literature review on resource scarcity in the modern world.
- A literature review on pop culture.
- A literature review on Feminist international relations.
- A literature review on complex organizations and regimes.
- A literature review on censorship in TV shows.
- A literature review on global warming and its influence on mankind.
- Literature review on why children’s books are popular.
- A literature review on how authors choose writing styles.
- The use of artificial language in literature.
- How education affects literature per era.
- The most effective villains in literature.
- How does Shakespeare inspire modern authors?
- Propaganda and literature in the modern world.
- Toni Morrison’s views on the civil way
- The concept of war in the book; a fable by Faulkner.
Don’t Want To Spend Time Writing a Literary Paper?
Are you looking for the best research paper writing service online? We are here for you! We can even provide samples of previously done work for reference. You may want to get research paper help because of your tight schedule and we understand that. The prices are affordable for college and university students, and you get the best rated, high quality help with research paper there is! Explore through the wide variety of topics to see which suits you best and we will do the work for you.
Make PhD experience your own
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Writing a Literature Review: Select a Topic
- Select a Topic
- Search the Literature
- Read and Analyse the Literature
- Write the Review
- Referencing This link opens in a new window
Ideas for literature review topics come from a number of sources - such as interest in a particular area of work, by discussing issues with peers and by reading the literature.
Choose a topic you are interested in and one that has been researched by others so you have articles to review.
When thinking about a topic, it is important to consider the following:
- What are your interests and will this interest be maintained for the duration of the research?
- Who will be interested in this research?
- Is the scope wide enough to be able to ascertain a particular niche?
- Is the scope so broad that it will lose direction?
Source - http://libguides.library.cqu.edu.au/litreview
Library services support.
NT Health Librarians can assist you with:
- Developing or refining your topic
- Identifying existing literature on a topic
- Recommend appropriate research databases to search
- Review search strategies to ensure relevant studies are identified
- Advice or reference management strategy
- Advice on locating the fulltext (PDFs) of article
Call us today on 8922 8961 or send us an email
- << Previous: Home
- Next: Search the Literature >>
- Last Updated: May 31, 2023 5:03 PM
- URL: https://library.health.nt.gov.au/litreview